Good day everyone, for the past year or so I have been using a free Antivirus software and was really happy with it. Interestingly enough our Local Incredible does not carry my preferred Antivirus software, and has outright refused to order the software.

I was offered Bit Defender Internet Security at a cost of R250. This did not include the installation file, I had to register online and download the antivirus that totalled just over 500Mb of data according to Telkom Transfer Information. It then did a large update that pushed it to just under 600Mb of data. Its day to day update consumed about 12 Mb of data per day.

From this point it wanted to take control of my passwords, browser and other functions I do not fully comprehend. There is no boot Scan functionality that I can find, no real options regarding updates. If it finds something harmful I have no options on what to do. The Software ask me to select an action and regardless of my selection it simply continue to ask me for a selection and cannot continue to the point where I can do anything like perhaps deleting the infected file.

Now this is a paid for product recommended by Incredible so I expect proper controls with no limitation to its functionality. And yet I have had nothing but trouble with this software from the beginning. It also slowed down my browser performance and nags me to leave websites I would normally trust and never had problems with.

It also has a problem with the HP Pavilion sound driver as it alerts me that it is a virus? The previous antivirus never had a problem with it. It has a 021 number I can phone but that phone call will cost more than the antivirus itself.

I am dissatisfied with this Antivirus and is planning to uninstall it and rather install my old one again. I cannot stand it when I pay money for something and it cannot deliver its promises.

What are your recommendations?