Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PASTEL-CASHBOOK BALANCE AND BANK STATEMENT BALANCE INCORRECT

Email problem
    Thanks

Unhappy PASTEL-CASHBOOK BALANCE AND BANK STATEMENT BALANCE INCORRECT

Hi All.

I have the following problem on Pastel.
    My pastel cashbook balance is completely different as my bank statement balance.
    It reconciles correctly up until the end of October with o differences,it displays a difference from November on wards.
    I've been through my bank statement and my detailed ledger entries thousand times and can't see anything wrong.I went through it entry by entry.
    I've also noticed that I've put through receipts for that month but it does not reflect on the customer statements or in the ledger BUT it does reflect when I want to match open items so that means I did actually process it but it still does not reflect on my statement or ledger.
    Could this be due to using incorrect back ups etc as I might of restored to the incorrect back up.Also is there any way where I can rectify this and how as I would love my bank and cashbook to be reconciled correctly.

Appreciate any help.

Regards

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Doesn't Pastel have a reconcile function?

3. Thanks given for this post:

Marley29 (22-Jan-16)

Thanks
    Hi Marley29 - it sounds to me like you have entered your data and then and some stage restored an older backup. That means that all your entries would have been lost and need to be re-entered.

You should be able to check your cash book against your bank statement by printing out the cash book for November via ...View ... General Ledger ... Transaction Details ... Cash Book Details ... and selecting the month or months that you need to check. If it appears in your bank statement and not in the cash book, then that data will need to be re-entered. If it appears correctly in both, then there might have been some data corruption and I would suggest that you send Neville Bailley a private message asking him to help you as he has the necessary software to do that.

The other way in which a discrepancy can happen is if you post an amount from one cash book directly to another without going via a ledger account. That will adjust the balance of your Cash Book without reflecting it in any of your ledgers and your Bank Statement will no longer match your cash book.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

5. Thanks given for this post:

Marley29 (22-Jan-16)

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Mike

Thank you for the feedback,I appreciate it.
    I will send an email to Neville requesting him to look at my work via Team Viewer.
    Hopefully I can get this sorted asap.

Thanks all

Regards

Thanks
    It turns out to have been a data capture error - the period 1 (March 2015) cashbook entries were processed in period 13 (March 2016) by mistake.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

8. Thank given for this post:

Marley29 (22-Jan-16), Mike C (21-Jan-16)

Thanks
    Good day Neville,

I have the same problem as Reply given, My Cashbook balance up until May 2020. ( I started working here and have to balance the lady before me's Cashbook.
    I do the reconciliation according to Pastel, and the bank is out by 60 000 Something and i cant see anything that i missed, every transaction is ticked off as per bank statement via versa. I would appreciate your help? I only work until half past 2 thou.

Thank you for your Assistance-Appreciated

Kind Regards
    Mandi

Thanks
    Hi Mandi111 - As I understand it everything balances correctly as at the end of May 2020 and you are trying to reconcile June 2020.

Check first. Before updating the cash book ... Does your opening balance on the Cash book processing page (top right) match your closing balance at the end of May?

Next: Work with someone checking off the tansactions making sure that one of the payments hasn't been entered as a receipt or the other way round. Sometimes the same wrong entry can avoid detection when doing it on your own.

If all still correct check that the dates of all the transactions are in the correct period.

Check to see if any Journal entries were made. A journal cannot be reconciled. If you create a journal entry, it will not appear in the bank reconciliation.

Should the error persist. Make a backup and run File : Data Integrity : Verify Data only.

If there is any corruption then Neville Bailey is very helpful in sorting that out has he has the necessary software to do so.

I hope that you are able get things balanced.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Good Morning Mike,

Thank you so Much, I will go through your Checklist and try and find the Problem, Will let you Know Thx AGAIN

Thanks
    Good Morning All,

I have done all as suggested by Mike -Thanks Mike, but it seems every transaction is posted according ton the bank statement visa versa.... but my payments batch still out with 60k. Nevel will you be able to check via team viewer i cant find any Journal entries ...

If you can email me on admin@purelifestyle.co.za i would be very Gratefull,

Thank you

Kind Regards
    Mandi

Thanks
    Good Morning, I have a question... is it possible to Delete one months entries and re enter them correctly? \

Kind Regards
    Mandi

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast