Most of you might get a giggle out of this but it is a very real situation, and I am acting as the Accused representative in the case

Mr A is a junior manager who works for Mr B. Mr B has been on Mr A's case for 6 months in order to better his perhaps poor performance.

Around Xmas time Mr A and his pals decide they are going to have a work party to which Mr B, who is unpopular, is not invited.

As an idea, they decide to get a picture of Mr B, superimpose a bullseye target over the top of it, so they can throw darts at it at their party.

Mr A visits Mr B's Linked-In page, downloads the profile image and superimposes the bullseye target. He prints it, but forgets to collect the printed sheet from the remote printer.

Mr C comes along to the printer and picks up the printed target and takes it to Mr B, thinking it is his.

Mr B says no it is not his, and (according to him) feels threatened and fearful. recognising the picture he visits his Linked-in Profile and via some functionality, is able to see that Mr A recently visited his profile.

He then gets ahold of the IT department, who do some forensic work and confirm that the document was indeed printed by Mr A.

Mr A is apprised of developments and without bidding immediately goes to his boss Mr B, and apologises for his behaviour.

Mr B responds by charging Mr A with threatening and intimidating behaviour, and ER roll into action and suspend Mr A from the workplace. Mr A responds with a letter to Ms D, Mr B's superior Manager, pleading his case and Ms D lifts the suspension.

My Question is: Does this constitute Intimidation and Threatening behaviour, or is it a complete overreaction to a very stupid prank? My concern is that the charge of Intimidation requires the very basic element of direct communication of the threat from the abuser to the abused. which is absent in this case.

What say you?