Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All the best for 2016...

Diamond Member
    Thanks

All the best for 2016...

Here's wishing you all, all the best for 2016...

...friends and enemies alike....

2. Thank given for this post:

AndyD (28-Dec-15), Blurock (29-Dec-15), Chrisjan B (28-Dec-15), Dave A (31-Dec-15), jkamuz (28-Dec-15), Mike C (29-Dec-15)

Thanks
    Thanks Adrian. Best wishes from me for a great year for everyone as well.

Thanks
    +1
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Thanks
    Thanks Adrian,
    Best wishes to everyone.
    The Chinese curse will visit. May you live in interesting times
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    The Chinese curse will visit.
    Don't get me started on the Chinese. I imported a whole lot of upgrades for my lasers: 2 of each - 130W Reci tubes, Reci power supplies, Sinjoe AWC708P motion controllers, lenses, etc.

The one tube arrived smashed. It was actually smashed when it was put into the Reci box by Reci themselves. The two tubes were in Reci boxes and that was shipped in a wooden crate. The Reci tape sealing the Reci box was sealed therefore the tube must have gotten broken by Reci themselves when it was placed into the box. I spoke with Sinjoe and they agreed to give me a 1300 USD credit...I don't want a credit, i want a new tube....

Installing the controller was a rather interesting experience. Of course the Chinese manual is a perfect example of proper Chinglish. Mailing them doesn't help because they are unable to explain much more than the useless manual. It took a lot of figuring out to get it to work. I had to move the limit switches to the left bottom to get the machine to datum correctly. The network connection is also very unstable. I also ended up rewiring the entire machine. The original wiring was a bit of a mess.

I decided to upgrade the controllers because my one machine had a Leetro MCP6515 controller that decided one day that it is no longer willing to communicate with its own software. After much buggering around and to and fro with leetro they said that I had to send it to China to be repaired. The controller was a pain in the butt anyway. The other machine has a RDLC controller, which is really good. I just wanted to have both machines be the same.

At the end of the day I have a working 130W Reci, Sinjoe controlled machine and a 70W generic RDLC controlled machine. I've decided bring all the mechanicals in from Sinjoe when I bring the replacement tube in and build another 130W machine. (I may as well, I have most of the parts already)

I am seriously considering starting a laser cutter service center. I've had to teach myself everything about the machines and their issues. I would hate to know how much trauma the average user goes through with the machines.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    All the best for a prosperous 2016.

May commerce put politics out of business.

Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I am seriously considering starting a laser cutter service center. I've had to teach myself everything about the machines and their issues. I would hate to know how much trauma the average user goes through with the machines.
    Go for it Adrian!

I still believe that a country with so many innovative firsts do not have to import as much as we do.
    (the 1st heart transplant; oil from coal; pratley putty; kreepy krauly; only African country to build own nuclear weapons; the G5 cannon; 1st city in Southern hemisphere with electric lights -Kimberley; dolosse (harbour protection) and many other inventions).

Whatever happened to our innovation and manufacturing skills? I will support anyone who has the balls to manufacture a quality, local product.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Adrian
    I hope I wasn't the cause of the laser curse,
    How long are those tubes, they are a bugger.
    Our machine is working well so I hope I don't curse that.
    Good luck with your rebuilt lasers.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Adrian
    I hope I wasn't the cause of the laser curse,
    How long are those tubes, they are a bugger.
    Our machine is working well so I hope I don't curse that.
    Good luck with your rebuilt lasers.
    They are 1,650m long. The rebuilt laser is still not quite right....but hey, so we learn.

Thanks
    To all correspondents on here: a very Happy New Year, and all the very best for 2016.

May you live as long as you want, and never want, as long as you live.

Will be a great change for me: am finalising my retirement, selling my business, and moving from Joburg to Knysna - hopefully within 4-6 months. So a new, but different life is beckoning.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Cooper View Post
    To all correspondents on here: a very Happy New Year, and all the very best for 2016.

May you live as long as you want, and never want, as long as you live.

Will be a great change for me: am finalising my retirement, selling my business, and moving from Joburg to Knysna - hopefully within 4-6 months. So a new, but different life is beckoning.
    Brilliant. All the best.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.