Thread: pastel site licence

Thanks

pastel site licence

My question is. We have a multi user xpress 14 licence. If we buy the site licence. Will I be able to work away from the office while the office continue to work on a company and sync with the office once a day and not loose any data.
    From January I need to go to another region for the company and still be able to do the work.

Thanks
    Firstly, just a point of correction - there is no cost for a site licence. You only need to apply for it on a prescribed form.

Secondly, there is no option of synchronising the data from a site licence computer to a network data.

Effectively, you will be making a copy of the database to work with on your standalone computer. If you are planning to do any processing while off the network, you will have to coordinate it in such a way that nobody does any processing on the network at the same time, because you will overwrite the network version of the database, with your offsite version of the database, when you get back to the office.

All the site licence does is keep your copy of Pastel registered when you are disconnected from the network.

For your purposes, I suggest that you log onto the network remotely via TeamViewer to do processing while out of office. You will, however, need to have a computer on the network that has Pastel loaded and available for you to take over when you log on.
    Last edited by Neville Bailey; 17-Dec-15 at 06:21 AM. Reason: Neville Bailey
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    Firstly, just a point of correction - there is no cost for a site licence. You only need to apply for it on a prescribed form.

Secondly, there is no option of synchronising the data from a site licence computer to a network data.

Effectively, you will be making a copy of the database to work with on your standalone computer. If you are planning to do any processing while off the network, you will have to coordinate it in such a way that nobody does any processing on the network at the same time, because you will overwrite the network version of the database, with your offsite version of the database, when you get back to the office.

All the site licence does is keep your copy of Pastel registered when you are disconnected from the network.

For your purposes, I suggest that you log onto the network remotely via TeamViewer to do processing while out of office. You will, however, need to have a computer on the network that has Pastel loaded and available for you to take over when you log on.
    Thank you for your response. It is indeed helpful.
    The problem with logging in via team viewer is that the Lodge where I will be operating from is very remote and somedays the internet is off or very slow and the office will be working constantly.
    I'll figure it out someway. Maybe export the processed batches, email them to the office and log in via teamviewer to import them on the system.
    I am from Namibia and we actually have a fee for the site licence.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Hi Neville

I received a quotation for a site licence, which is quite a substantial amount. According to Sage I can't just apply for the licence on a prescribed form and need to pay the once-off fee. I am currently using Pastel Partner 14. Please advise on why Sage charged me for a site license.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by RVE View Post
    Hi Neville

I received a quotation for a site licence, which is quite a substantial amount. According to Sage I can't just apply for the licence on a prescribed form and need to pay the once-off fee. I am currently using Pastel Partner 14. Please advise on why Sage charged me for a site license.
    Sage Pastel have very recently changed their pricing and site licenses now carry a cost.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)