Thread: No motor vehicle licence renewal notices being sent out

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

No motor vehicle licence renewal notices being sent out

We have not received motor vehicle licence renewal notices for two vehicles that are due for their licence renewal right now. A fellow director has just returned from attempting to do the renewal at our local post office (our usual, relatively painless method), only to get told that no renewal notices have been sent out for the past three months.

It seems a policy decision has been made that motor vehicle licence renewal notices are not going to be sent anymore - at least for KZN.
    Can anyone confirm or deny?
    Have you been affected?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I read it somewhere this morning, but can not find the article, but it was to do with Western Cape and that motorists may already have expired licenses.

That due to the increased postal service strain during this coming festive season, licenses may not be posted.
    What has been recently promulgated, is that you must bring FICA documents when renewing vehicle licenses as from 1 December 2015 - I think.
    Maybe this is a way they ary are using for motorists to bring in their documents when renewing licenses.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I found a similar article on Wheels 24
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

4. Thanks given for this post:

Dave A (30-Nov-15)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    From that article -

The transfer of the electronic national administration traffic information system (eNaTIS) between the National Department of Transport and the Road Traffic Management Centre (RTMC) has affected renewal notices across the country and continues to do so.
    So yet another government-led SNAFU then

Thanks
    Renewed my motor vehicle licence this month. No renewal was received and had heard that they require proof of residence, so went prepared.

Take docs and pen so that you can fill in all the vehicle's details as well as ID document ... as people were being turned away for not having their ID Doc or (in the case of business owned vehicles) the CK docs. They want proof of residence as well, but are allowing that to slide this time (or they certainly were at the Post office at Pick n Pay Hyper by the sea).

Licence cost the same as last year so that was a surprise.
    No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop "The Lion and the Mouse"

Suspended
    Thanks
    I am am trying to same in CT and have just found out that they do not do it at the Post office as they do in Jhb. Went to the municipality and gave up with an approx 2 hour que. Yes big signs saying you have to have proof of residence. I also did not receive renewal in the post resulting in having to fill out green form. I am going to try to go at 7.30am tomorrow morning .... maybe less people.

Thanks
    Yeah we haven't received any renewal notifications for business or private vehicles for the last few months either. Last one I did manually 2 months ago and I just needed ID doc and car ownership papers. I was in an out of the Fish Hoek licencing centre in < 15 minutes.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    I was in an out of the Fish Hoek licencing centre in < 15 minutes.
    I'm green with envy. In my neck of the woods, getting in and out of the Stamford Hill, Durban licencing centre in under an hour means you're having an exceptionally good day. That's why I use my local post office for renewals - historically the longest it's taken me to get in and out is under 10 minutes.

All that changed yesterday afternoon, though. It took me over an hour. The snag is this new FICA-like procedure that's kicked in from 1st November. I was 7th in the queue, so that means it's taking a bit under 10 minutes per person...

I wonder what it is like at my local licencing bureau now!

Suspended
    Thanks
    I thought I would get to our local licence department early ...... There were 35 people in the queue outside !! SERIOUS !!! Is there no other way to get a car licence in CT ? ..... At least in Jhb we can use the Post Office.