Hi

Looking for some advice with the problem which I'm about to relate, please be patient as it may be a long article.
For many years now, a person who is very close to me, has been on the rocky road of addiction. This is an extremely traumatic situation for the people around them and they have no feelings whatsoever as long as they get their fix, whether it be drugs or alcohol. During this time they have had the most support anyone can offer, including financial, emotional, & rehabilitation. Time and time again the urge was too strong and reverted back to the old ways and to watch someone you love fall again is so emotionally disastrous and traumatic it hurts beyond belief.
The last time it happened they ended up in hospital where the 3 days was just enough to bring them to their senses long enough to realize how bad things were. We had no choice but to offer the last chance ultimatum in the hopes they would try before finally losing everything and everyone around them, a decision which broke all our hearts but it was necessary.
I don't know where they got the guts from but it worked and for the last 7 years they have been free from addiction (thank you God).
The reason I opened this thread is for the following, now you have the facts which has led to it.

During the hard times it was impossible for them to work due to their condition, so the bank was the place to obtain funds (unbeknown to us) which they were willing to lend, 3 banks to be precise and we have now been informed that the payments being made to the banks are not covering the debt and in fact the debt is increasing at a rapid rate due to the interest and the salaries they get is only sufficient to pay their way on a daily basis, they have no assets to speak of, the house is rented the car is an old one which they need to get to work or they will have no income at all.

I have now been informed that they have now but told that they may have their salaries Garnished.

My fear is that they will see no way out and return to their old ways and to a sad end for all of us.

If anyone can offer any constructive advice and/or solution PLEASE feel free.

Kind Regards

Rozzer