Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: The standards of web design in SA

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Personally, I'd be quite interested in Rene's views on the issue of incorporating basic on-site SEO elements into web design. Is this something that is simply handed over to an SEO expert or should site designers be thinking about this?
    I personally am very interested in any design company's response to this. Years ago SEO was a minor thing. You did your meta tags, description and page titles and all was well. My true objective for starting this thread is to get pointed in a direction to set minimum standards for products delivered by design companies and NOT to point fingers. Is it fair to state that W3C standards should be complied to? I personally feel that it is not always possible nor is it a requirement for SEO to work. Most SEO has moved to off-page factors instead and that certainly is not the responsibility of the design company.

My hat goes of to Rene for not leaving the comments made as just comments made, but to actually respond an stating her side of things. I hope Rene also sees RKS's comments in a positive way as he certainly didn't intend any personal attacks but rather commented on his observations.
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Email problem RKS Computer Solutions's Avatar
    Thanks
    First off, Rene, if you are reading this, join this forum and please respond here...

To get back to the topic, I think most people have a misconception about what a website is supposed to be doing; and in that comment, I include web designers, web implementers, site creators, online presenters and a million other things they've called themselves over the years...

I personally would be more interested in having someone come to me and call themselves the following:

Online Business Presence Coordinator

Think about that...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234