Hi all

I had an advertising company contact me offering to put on there directory. I said just email me info and I'll take a look when I get a chance.

They called me back and said can we send you a listing. I was busy and just gave them my email and said just send me the info on what you do.

I check my mails and I find a pathetic design with my company name on it. I just ignored it as the standard of design was that of a child.

I then get an invoice for R2500 saying my company has been listed. I called straight away and asked what the R2500 invoice was for (the design apparently) and to check my company name was not listed with them and especially with the crap design they had done. I don't want my company associated with that kind of image or this kind of company to be honest. It was pathetic

They then call me and say there is cancellation fee. This has got to be a wind up surely. They then sent me a recording of the phone call where I agreed to be sent a listing. Never said 'do me design and put on there site' and I'm sure not going to pay R2500 for a pathetic design.

Anyone else had one of these calls.

My main question is, if they are using my name without my consent are they breaking any laws?? I don't want my company to be associated with this kind of thing.

Never signed anything, never asked for a design to be done, never approved any design, never paid them anything and certainly never consented to them using my company name.