So we had a look at business Ideas 101 and at least two of the ideas I called out 06-Sep-12, 01:37 PM Business Ideas 101 are feasible in the current environment.

2. Water Storage Tanks
With lack of water it is important that people collect rain water for use in the Garden etc. But perhaps in stead of making plastic ones for sale set up a business making them out of bricks, I have even seen some in Malaysia made out of wire mess and clay.

3. Solar Panels
Provide some form of solar power for homes.

4. Invertors
One can use solar to charge battery and an invertor to power up house, a good future business to invest in.

Okay in Summing up Business Ideas 101 I will conclude, that the basics of generating a good business idea, comes from creativity and innovation.

Creativity- coming up with an idea
Innovation- Implementing the idea.

Two important types of thinking are needed in idea creation.

Divergent thinking- The ability to come up many diverse ideas (left Brain)
Convergent Thinking - Logical thinking (right brain)

So now that we have passed the basics the step after idea generation is conducting a feasibility study. This is the stage where we look to see if we can convert the idea into a business. Given that there are many business owners on the forum, please can you provide input on how you managed to turn your ideas into a business. What were the factors that you looked at before you made the idea into a business.

Advice to those with ideas:
I know many with ideas seem to think that all they need is investment, but a word of caution on that, know that investors will never in invest an idea, if you yourself have not invested in it.

So how do we check if our idea is feasible?