Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Distribution Board Labelling

Thanks

Distribution Board Labelling

I value a neat and neatly labelled distribution board.

Any suggestions were I can source professionally made DB labels and alternative power warning decals in the Pretoria/Midrand/Sandton area? (other than BWH ;-)

Thanks
    Are you wanting traffolite labels like these Name:  images.jpg
Views: 4764
Size:  4.4 KB or printed flexible labels?

Thanks
    Andy, yes I am looking for a source for the engraved type labels, but I am also interested in your flexible label recommendations.

Thanks
    What kind of volumes are you talking about?

Labelling is one of my grudge purchases, I find it very expensive and a nightmare to coordinate because it's different suppliers for different types of labels. We print our own adhesive flexible labels like the type used on domestic DB's up to 22mm lettering and we make our own heat shrink labels for cable identification (up to 50mm dia). We also make our own embossed Stainless Steel tapes as well which can be adhesive or used as straps around cables.

We get our engraved traffolite labels made by another company but I'm not sure of an engraved label supplier in Pretoria, my supplier is in Cape Town so won't be much use when you factor in lead time, courier time and courier costs, you need someone more local. We also use another supplier for our printed flexible foil labels that are adhesive a different supplier for printed solid-plate labels that rivet on and yet another supplier for the circular engraved labels that go with panel rotary switches and indicator lights.

The problem I have is we build control panels for a wide range of applications so all the labels are very specific and there's very few we use in volume. Every panel requires an order of labels specifically for that panel.

I hate labels!!!

5. Thanks given for this post:

ursi (11-Nov-15)

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    We use the Brother PT-7600.

EDIT: Looks like it's been discontinued now. Probably explains why it was on special a couple of years ago
    Pretty chuffed I bought a couple though. One sweet label maker!

7. Thanks given for this post:

ursi (12-Nov-15)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyD View Post
    What kind of volumes are you talking about?

Labelling is one of my grudge purchases, I find it very expensive and a nightmare to coordinate because it's different suppliers for different types of labels. We print our own adhesive flexible labels like the type used on domestic DB's up to 22mm lettering and we make our own heat shrink labels for cable identification (up to 50mm dia). We also make our own embossed Stainless Steel tapes as well which can be adhesive or used as straps around cables.

We get our engraved traffolite labels made by another company but I'm not sure of an engraved label supplier in Pretoria, my supplier is in Cape Town so won't be much use when you factor in lead time, courier time and courier costs, you need someone more local. We also use another supplier for our printed flexible foil labels that are adhesive a different supplier for printed solid-plate labels that rivet on and yet another supplier for the circular engraved labels that go with panel rotary switches and indicator lights.

The problem I have is we build control panels for a wide range of applications so all the labels are very specific and there's very few we use in volume. Every panel requires an order of labels specifically for that panel.

I hate labels!!!

If you need Traffolite labels then I can do them for you. I do the on my 400x500mm CNC. I don't mind keeping stock. Cutting goes quick because I have a setup that I always use so it is simply a matter of plugging in the new words or symbols. I do a lot of name tags and trophy plates and I do name plates for a sports club once a week.

Another thing that I can do is graphic engraving. If, for example, you need to engrave an entire circuit diagram or log or whatever I can do that to. Laser engraving on LaserMark doesn't look nice at all but CNC on RowMark or Traffolite looks great.

And I can also do CNC or laser cutting of light materials including wood, card, Perspex, various plastics and Aluminum on the CNC. My buddy next to me does silk screening on flat surfaces (Vinyl, plastics, flatpack boxes). He also does one off digital printing so he can do small or large runs of stickers. He does a lot of reflective stickers for the CT traffic department. Then there is a guy behind us that does fabric silkscreen printing (t-shirts, overall, caps - that kind of thing). He is great because he did some t-shirts a couple of week back that was a real rush job with a tight deadline. They printed the art on the wrong side of the shirts due to a miss communication inside their own company. We looked at solutions, spoke to the client and agreed to go with the existing shirts but to add a bit of art on the back. He sorted that out for us in a hour or two. What I am trying to say is that f*ckups happen but that the people around me are very good at finding workable solutions quickly.

9. Thank given for this post:

AndyD (12-Nov-15), ursi (13-Nov-15)

Thanks
    Great to know you are set up to do traffolite Adrian. I've just ordered for all our jobs until Feb so I can get them before end of year shutdown but please PM me your work email/tel no and I'll give you a shout next time I order.

Thanks
    Electromechanica do nice plastic bevelled labels at low cost but Im not sure if there is one in your area

Thanks
    Question: On a domestic DB does the labelling has to state lights, sockets etc or can it be numbers with a legend as to which number is lights, sockets etc?
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    The regs aren't too specific so either way is good.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast