Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: FOR THOSE INVOLVED WITH AMWAY - MUST READ!

Thanks
    When it comes to MLM's you really want a company that has been around the block. I think 50 years in the business takes Amway out of the fly be night category. Along with NW21 it has become the company that has produced the most millionaires world wide.

Thanks
    Hi Aussie please send me more info.
    Thanks
    Last edited by Dave A; 04-Apr-17 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Last I heard Aussie was out of this business he was promoting. I doubt any information will be forthcoming.
    Last edited by Dave A; 04-Apr-17 at 10:13 AM.

Thanks
    Aussie, you must be fairly new to the industry. Pay plan comparisons are a total waste of time as you are assuming that all things are equal, i.e., that your product would sell as easily as others, in the same time span, in the same volumes, etc. Second, you can make numbers and percentages do anything you want to on a piece of paper! It's been said numbers and percentages are like hookers-once you get them down you can do anything you want with them. Finally, over the last 10 years the majority of companies that have had the greatest growth, the most success, and where the biggest incomes have been earned, those companies have 3 common denominators-they are health and wellness companies, they have a limited number of products, and they have a binary plan with matching bonuses. If you were looking to increase your chances for success and maximize your income earning potential, you would look for a company that has those 3 characteristics and which is at least 3-5 years as 99% of ALL new MLM companies will fail in the first 2-3 years. Historically, companies with binary plans have experienced the greatest growth and created the biggest checks in the shortest period of time. In addition, binary plans generally pay out more money to the field as they have a "fixed payout," typically 50%, whereas unilevel and stairstep breakaway plans, which are theoretical payouts with some claiming to pay out 55-60-70%, actually pay out from the low 30% range in the case of Amway to the high 30 and low 40% range as a result of "breakage" which is due to the fact that 98% of the people don't meet the qualifications to earn maximum income. Finally, the pay plan is not the deciding factor in whether to take advantage of a particular opportunity. There are far more important variables to look at-the pay plan, the products, and the company in fact are secondary factors, not primary factors in the decision making process.

Regarding Amway, which is the second largest direct selling/network marketing company in the world (Avon is #1), several comments: First, they were not the first direct selling/network marketing company. Second, Amway's pay plan has one of the lowest payouts in the MLM industry (32% which was stated on their corporate site the last time I looked) so the comment made by jvdwalt that if you want to make money, join Amway is hilarious in lieu of the facts.
    Last edited by Dave A; 04-Apr-17 at 10:14 AM.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MLMindustryleader View Post
    In addition, binary plans generally pay out more money to the field as they have a "fixed payout," typically 50%, whereas unilevel and stairstep breakaway plans, which are theoretical payouts with some claiming to pay out 55-60-70%, actually pay out from the low 30% range in the case of Amway to the high 30 and low 40% range as a result of "breakage" which is due to the fact that 98% of the people don't meet the qualifications to earn maximum income.
    Hold on a moment. Surely binaries have an even higher probability of "breakage" and less-than-theoretical-maximum payout than a gross volume breakaway plan like Amway's?

Thanks
    Hi Aussie,
    Googling the company after just attending a 1st presentation, had me sign up here when reading your post. Since it's 5 years back, I hope you're still linked & can respond with any updates on your vast analysis given at that time.Being a complete novice but with a general understanding of accounting principles using %'s yet slightly confused with terms such as 'breakaway & affinity bonuses', 'side volumes' & some general jargon, would appreciate some simplicity if possible.
    And is there any change with your assessment on the MLM company, over the past years now? I'm expected to goto my 1st BBS (product description) meeting tonight and signup for a number if satisfied. Thanks for a great breakdown.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123