Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Scotland - Australia game - ref

Suspended
    Thanks

Scotland - Australia game - ref

There has been quite an uproar about the ref in the game. I know the rules and the laws quite well in rugby i.e. when to call on the TMO and when a ref can't call on the TMO. But the Scottish seem to be quite upset with the penalty given to Australia in the dying seconds of the game. I was also rooting for Scotland to beat Australia and was sorry that they had given a penalty away. BUT why are the Scottish so upset - I can't see what Joubert did wrong - Can anyone fill me in ?

Thanks
    I don't think he did ANYTHING wrong - I think some of the Scots did not understand/know the rules...

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Phil Cooper View Post
    I don't think he did ANYTHING wrong - I think some of the Scots did not understand/know the rules...
    Yep thats what Im thinking. The only thing perhaps that he should have done is asked the TMO as well.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    normally a penalty of that nature in the last minutes of the game "game changer" should have gone to the TMO... There where factors at play and my bet is the ref didn't see half of it because it was "split second" But his ego got the better of him, and now history will remember him with mix feelings.

What worries me is after the Final there will be a review of the rules, then they will probably remove more power from the refs... And it will eventually kill the game. Corruption killed cricket for me, $h!tty ref work will ultimately kill rugby. Nobody wants to watch an unfair game, and nobody wants to watch a game whistled to death... There is a fine line and they just crapped on it.

There is a balance between technology and proper ref work... If the ref cannot ask for aid because of his ego, then he doesn't belong in the game. Same is true with technology, they cannot expect the ref to be 100% all the time BUT there are cases "like this one" where TMO was the right call and it wasn't made.

Now i have to go figure you what the hell bowling is...

Or Woman's hockey
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    It's got nothing to do with ego....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I would have loved for Scotland to win. Unfortunately all 50/50 calls seems to go to our arch rivals.

According to the (flawed) rules, a referee can only refer foul play or doubt in awarding a try to the TMO. Craig is not one of my favourite refs, but in this case, we have to give him the benefit of the doubt.

It is time that the rugby bosses apply technology in such high ranking games. Mistakes can still be tolerated in other matches, but not in the world cup.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Suspended
    Thanks
    http://www.sport24.co.za/Rugby/World...wrong-20151019

So it looks like Joubert was wrong - it should have been a scrum. Seems like he didn't see the Australian touch the ball. And the laws did not allow him to check the TMO. So you call it as you see it and unfortunately he didn't see the touch.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	cg.jpg 
Views:	193 
Size:	41.8 KB 
ID:	5995My favourite

9. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (20-Oct-15)

Suspended
    Thanks
    lol ........

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    After having watch the sequence from all angles, a number of times, the decision was made.
    Craig had one split second to see the actual event and make a decision.When I saw it the first time, from my couch in front of my HD TV, it looked precisely as Craig had call it. I had to look at the sequence a good number of times to see that the ball did touch the Aussie, but I must mention, you almost have to slow the sequence down to a crawl to pick it up.

To me the Scotts are the one to blame - Why the hell to you throw the ball to the back of the line out in the last minute of the game, when it is raining, the ball is slippery and what you want to do is, run the clock down and end the game? He should have rather thrown it to the front player, as a sure ball.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

12. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (20-Oct-15)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast