Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Scotland - Australia game - ref

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    i don't know...

This is what i do know results for "foul play"
    You be the judge...

Now to clarify about my statement about EGO...

At the final whistle, Joubert ran for the tunnel without shaking hands with the players, which former Scotland full-back Gavin Hastings said was "the worst thing I have seen on a rugby field in a very long time".

source
    It was just bad form... i happen to call it bad ego point is why did he do what he did, did he have to go to the toilet did he have something better to do??? Nah... in my eyes "Bad ego"

***edit***

or what we will call "n snot houding"
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    This blaming Joubert for the result is absolute nonsense. I would have loved the Scots to win but ....

- Their Captain is piss poor sportsman who can only focus on a couple of seconds out of an 80 min game, and bemoans the fact that the ref did not call for the TMO when it was not even an option to him.
    - They are blaming Joubert for a split second decision in the pouring rain, which for most of us requires multiple slow motion replays to verify what actually happened. It was not an easy decision.
    - They lose a game 3-5 in tries and are on the wrong side of possession and territorial statistics, but blame a single decision for their loss!
    - They don't take responsibility for their numerous mistakes during the game: Who knocked the ball on in the first place? Who threw to the back of the line out in rainy conditions? Who missed tackles that resulted in tries? Who was out of position so that 5 tries bled through? Who missed kicks at poles? Who made bad decisions which led to moves breaking down?

So Hastings and his fellow Scots must wind their necks in. I am sorry you lost in such dramatic fashion, and it would have been fairy tale stuff for you guys to go through, but to blame it on a difficult call in the last minute is absolute nonsense.

The fact that Joubert ran off afterwards is a non-issue. If the reaction of Hastings and Co is anything to go by, then perhaps running off was the prudent action to take. The anger and dismay was evident from the Scots. Now he must stand there and be abused by 23+ players while they pretend to shake hands gracefully. Absolute bull. That can't be part of the job description.

Why referees even bother to help those 30 or so whingers out every week, I have no idea. I'm glad they do though, but don't ask me to do so.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Im with you Busfact .... I also wouldn't stand around to be abused, especially knowing they are pissed off with him. Justload you are totally correct - you need superhuman powers to have seen that touch of the ball in the moment of action.

4. Thanks given for this post:

BusFact (20-Oct-15)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BusFact View Post
    The fact that Joubert ran off afterwards is a non-issue.
    i agree with you on every aspect accept this one little detail. i don't know... what i do know is you stand your ground. Good sportsmanship dictate that you accept a win and you accept the loss. shake hands and call it a day.

I don't think he was in any danger. As you say they made mistakes that cost them the game. Last minute choice or not.

But for a ref not to stand ground and offer a simple handshake is simply unacceptable. No one will dare challenge a ref physically because they can be disqualified and even banned from the game. The players will NEVER risk that.

in my opinion only, he should have offered simple respect to both the winning team and losing team. That to me made him a poor ref... i personally cannot see any really bad ref work accept if you want to nitpick at it i guess. But what made him a bad ref and ego heavy was the fact that he ran off.

personally there are a few games left, i am looking forward to it...
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    I understand that the Scots had it their way, when they played the Samoans.
    Two incidents which should have resulted in penalties did not happen.
    Subsequent to that game, "Ross Ford and Jonny Gray (Scotland) have each been suspended for three weeks for dangerous tackles contrary to Law 10.4(j)." .
    If allowed the Scottish would not have been playing in the quarters and the Japs would have gone through.

Didnt hear any bleating about that...did we?
    The cost of living hasn't affected its popularity.
    Sponsored By: http://www.honeycombhouse.com

7. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (21-Oct-15)

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    i agree with you on every aspect accept this one little detail. i don't know... what i do know is you stand your ground. Good sportsmanship dictate that you accept a win and you accept the loss. shake hands and call it a day.
    Not with 80 thousand Scots looking like this
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	joubert.jpg 
Views:	196 
Size:	87.4 KB 
ID:	5997

9. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (21-Oct-15)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Simple truth after watching the game yet again today... i don't know... i don't see why the Scots feel so cheated. They simply are not. The ref "still dislike him" did a reasonable job as a ref "as a sportsman" he didn't. if he felt he was in danger then at least admit to it and call it a day. But yes the weeping Scots did lose to Australia and to be fair Australia had better games before this one. Seriously LOT of mistakes on the Australian side and the Scots didn't benefit from it. Who's fault is that i wonder?

Ah the hell with it, blame it on the bunny...

Name:	white.JPG 
Views:	168 
Size:	17.7 KB 
ID:	5998
    peace is a state of mind

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Turns out the picture above might well be true

"World Rugby CEO Brett Gosper joked that Joubert may have 'needed the bathroom', but according to the Daily Mail, Joubert told his employers that he ran off the field to avert the threat of a public confrontation with Scotland players incensed by his late penalty decision. "

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by CLIVE-TRIANGLE View Post
    Turns out the picture above might well be true

"World Rugby CEO Brett Gosper joked that Joubert may have 'needed the bathroom', but according to the Daily Mail, Joubert told his employers that he ran off the field to avert the threat of a public confrontation with Scotland players incensed by his late penalty decision. "
    Well that changes things a bit... i will then gladly say that "he didn't display a bad attitude and actually did fear the Scottish wrath. Fair enough

Name:	angry bunny.JPG 
Views:	180 
Size:	36.7 KB 
ID:	6002
    peace is a state of mind

Suspended
    Thanks
    Well that changes things a bit... i will then gladly say that "he didn't display a bad attitude and actually did fear the Scottish wrath. Fair enough
    And that is why we must never jump to conclusions and assume things based on our own opinions.

World Rugby CEO Brett Gosper joked that Joubert may have 'needed the bathroom', but according to the Daily Mail, Joubert told his employers that he ran off the field to avert the threat of a public confrontation with Scotland players incensed by his late penalty decision.

World Rugby took the unprecedented step of confirming that Joubert had been wrong. However, there was no explanation for the official's sharp exit.

Joubert was unable to refer the decision to the TMO because World Rugby protocol only allows it for a try-scoring situation or for suspected incidents of foul play.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast