Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crossing over to the dark side...

Thanks

Crossing over to the dark side...

Today I am defecting and crossing over to the dark side.

Android and I are parting ways amicably and I will be getting my iPhone 6 today, which will pair up nicely with my Macbook Pro.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

2. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (30-Sep-15)

Suspended
    Thanks
    YES - Congrats Neville - Fantastic move - I have had the 6 for a while now and NEVER looked back. It is really an awesome phone. I am also a total Mac person now also

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neville Bailey View Post
    Today I am defecting and crossing over to the dark side.

Android and I are parting ways amicably and I will be getting my iPhone 6 today, which will pair up nicely with my Macbook Pro.
    i own 4 phones and one of them is a i-phone 5 and cannot think of a single bad thing to say about it... it just works. My Nokia windows phone is very heavy on battery but again it just works... my Samsung i don't even bother with i put money on it use when the other two is charging. and yes i have 4 numbers hehehehe
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Now why on earth would you USE 4 phones ? You can do everything on one iPhone 6
    You dodging calls or what ?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Now why on earth would you USE 4 phones ? You can do everything on one iPhone 6
    You dodging calls or what ?
    Sounds crazy right HR you are right i think the iPhone 6 is the best phone on the market and the quality of the phone speaks for itself. I cannot fault it. I have 4 numbers and here are each of there functions,

> Phone number one is exclusively of banking and is plugged into a Samsung that is more tablet then phone. This phone can access my accounts make payments and so on. it lives in my safe.

> Phone number two is exclusively for family runs with a Cell C SIM and can make inexpensive phone calls to Australia and Around South Africa.
    > Phone number three is basically my office "the i phone" It handles my mail, chat service basically everything business related
    > Phone number four is my backup phone, it is also linked to my e-mail and has all the communications and it mainly act as backup if the other phone gets stolen or is flat. This is the Nokia windows phone and really i cannot complain, it is no i phone but it does its job well.

I am actually planning to replace phone one with proper tablet soon. It will be easier to use. But it will live in my safe as it basically is very important to keep your banking stuff safe. Also if my other phones get stolen i know for a fact that there is ZERO banking information on the other devices and that is important because your phone knows a lot about you and your life so yes i figured this is the best option. I was thinking a nice i pad will do well and is currently saving up for one.
    peace is a state of mind

Suspended
    Thanks
    All my banking and everything - one phone - all banking apps password protected !

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    All my banking and everything - one phone - all banking apps password protected !
    Yes they are well protected with proper passwords. Here is my reasoning however. If someone can access the SMS the bank send one when one used ATM or so on, there is info on it like the bank balance. If the phone get's stolen they don''t need to know the password to access the balance all they need is that SMS that both protect the user and sadly put the user in harm's way.

And because the phone logs stuff it is easy enough to find out where the phone was and what area it frequents. There is also photo's of family and friends on it, and depending on how organized the user of the phone is, photo's with full name and contact numbers. This can enable a bad person to target anyone of them or even the user because they know exactly how much funds are available to the user.

So to mitigate the risk, i keep the banking stuff on the phone that lives in the safe. There are no photo's on my "office phones" nor last names. The phone that has that info is house bound or the one i use for family. So basically the "two phones" that has sensitive info is well hidden. They remain password protected inside a safe place.
    peace is a state of mind

Suspended
    Thanks
    mmmmm I think you are being a little paranoid, but that is your prerogative . Personally I couldn't be bothered with more than one phone. I move around a lot especially between Cape Town and Jhb and the logistics with 4 phones is a nightmare. I have my laptop, my iPad and my phone which are all synced. If one gets stolen or lost I can access it from the other and block/delete it from far. They are all password protected in addition to the bank also being password protected.
    I also have my music on my phone - plug in my ear phones when I fly ....... everything under one roof (phone). The iPhone 6 is 64G to no problem with storage. Not that you need too much storage nowadays with things being stored in the cloud.

With I Phone - if it goes missing - you can delete EVERYTHING on that phone remotely and still have it backed up in the cloud.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    mmmmm I think you are being a little paranoid, but that is your prerogative . Personally I couldn't be bothered with more than one phone. I move around a lot especially between Cape Town and Jhb and the logistics with 4 phones is a nightmare. I have my laptop, my iPad and my phone which are all synced. If one gets stolen or lost I can access it from the other and block/delete it from far. They are all password protected in addition to the bank also being password protected.
    I also have my music on my phone - plug in my ear phones when I fly ....... everything under one roof (phone). The iPhone 6 is 64G to no problem with storage. Not that you need too much storage nowadays with things being stored in the cloud.

With I Phone - if it goes missing - you can delete EVERYTHING on that phone remotely and still have it backed up in the cloud.
    I can imagine and it is a nightmare yes, and yes i am paranoid as hell... Deleting everything remotely from your phone is something i will look into... Since the SIM card can be swapped out i would imagine them using the phone's own identifier like a mac address as far as i know it can't be removed. Well worth looking into

I am also considering mac-book in the near future... Love the style and the OS is a healthy change from Microsoft.
    peace is a state of mind

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Samsung RULEZ

This is our household:
    Samsung Note 4
    Samsung S4 (x2)
    10.1' Galaxy Note 1 (x2)
    10.1' Galaxy Note 2014

...and I would just love having a 12" Samsung tablet

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast