Thread: OneNote/ Evernote

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries

OneNote/ Evernote

Started playing with OneNote.
    In a nustshell would be describe this as effectively a document managment system?
    Instead of saving in folders and such, one uses notebooks.

Advantage seems to be ability to share etc, and keep all relevant stuff together, be it sound, images etc.

Would this efefctivley replace box/dropbox for a person. All documents can be on cloud and desktop, plus sharing and collaberating is possible.

Any thoughts?
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Thanks
    I love OneNote,

on a basic level it shares functionality with Evernote but is better in organisation, least in my opinion,

I would not say these are meant to replace the tradition file systems, but supplement them. It will not create documents as well as the general MS Office suites. It was designed by Microsoft to fit into the MS Office 365 system (Onedrive being the storage backbone.)

I use Onenote to collect thoughts, pasting email text and linking to documents, it is a Notebook type idea.

I do not see how you imagine using OneNote/Evernote to replace the folder system. A drawback you should consider if you want to try this is the a notebook with a bunch of attachments will become very large.

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    the idea of typing notes is good, especially of one is trying to become as paperless as possible.
    But a person could just type in word and save.

However, what is nice with either app is the ability to send email stuff there, and I like the internet page sending. When doing research can just file it away in one snap.
    I would think, from my tinkering thus far, the advantage over opening word is the ability to share it and file away so quickly and easily, no matter if its through meeting notes etc.
    Also if you are working on a more complex issue you can have all the files accessible via the tabs, rather than windowing down etc.
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.