Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: SA Boks lose to Japan

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries

SA Boks lose to Japan

I see it's being touted as the biggest upset in the history of the Rugby World Cup. There's no doubt I didn't expect it.

Still not sure whether it was because we played badly though. Japan just seemed to have our number.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    I see it's being touted as the biggest upset in the history of the Rugby World Cup. There's no doubt I didn't expect it.

Still not sure whether it was because we played badly though. Japan just seemed to have our number.
    To be fair South Africa was penalized on "if i counted it correctly" 3 occasions where we didn't do a thing wrong but that is NO EXCUSE! Yes some of our players didn't play for a while THAT IS NO EXCUSE... But ja........................... met ys ja met ys.... All i can say is they need a playmaker two or more individuals that will push and work the the ball. We have e few "some of them not playing for reasons i fail to understand" But Who knows? Motivation is key...
    Lets see i am still hopeful...
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Outplayed and out thought, but this is good for rugby as the game needs to broaden it's base.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Platinum Member sterne.law@gmail.com's Avatar
    Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Arrogance.
    They looked like they were bored with no intent to play with effort.

Then opting to go for tries when clearly the game was tight.

If you watch NZ does not matter who they play, they first get the basics right, put points on the board and then look to impress.
    Be that as it may, its not the end of the world.

Japan were technically outstanding. The tries against them were through badly missed tackles.. rather than wizadry.
    Anthony Sterne

www.acumenholdings.co.za
    DISCLAIMER The above is merely a comment in discussion form and an open public arena. It does not constitute a legal opinion or professional advice in any manner or form.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Our misguided coach insisted against all advice to not choose players on form, but rather on reputation. This was the "most experienced" or rather the oldest Springbok team to ever play a test match. Heineke had to hire a second plane to get all the pensioners' medicine and bandages to England. The Japanese, being very superstitious, thought that we had called up the mummies of Egypt (read Zombie attack). They therefore summonsed their Samurai and Ninjas to annihilate us...

Truth is; Eddie Jones is a brilliant coach and in a league that Heineke will never reach. Eddie was also behind our World Cup victory in 2007 as assistant coach.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    The worst part wasn't seeing the boks lose... The worst part was paying the DSTV premium subscription then watch them lose...
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    I don't think there were any excuses, the commitment of the Japanese in every area of the game was outstanding. What blew me away (and probably the Springbok players) was the blistering pace they played at, they made the Boks look positively sluggish. I thought there was no way they could keep it up for 80 minutes but they did so fair play to the Japs, a deserved win. I can only hope the Bokke do some soul searching before the next game, at the moment they just look like they're going through the motions but their heart isn't in it and I really don't have the stomach to read a third apology to the nation from Heyneke Meyer.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by tec0 View Post
    The worst part wasn't seeing the boks lose... The worst part was paying the DSTV premium subscription then watch them lose...
    Teco I watched on SABC 2 and the commentary during the game was great the studio presenters are not my cup of tea on SABC2.
    But the win is I don't need to upgrade to R700PM to watch the world cup.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

9. Thanks given for this post:

tec0 (21-Sep-15)

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Teco I watched on SABC 2 and the commentary during the game was great the studio presenters are not my cup of tea on SABC2.
    But the win is I don't need to upgrade to R700PM to watch the world cup.
    yea.... Indeed that was a stupid move on my behalf and Mister Botha AKA " Mister Hendrik Egnatius Botha" went missing... it was almost worth the R700 when I saw that bit of drama... LOL I am still laughing actually when i think about it... Sometimes just sometimes one has to see the comical bits behind it all... 100% save for the other TV presenters on Supper sport... Well done boys... Well done

And i was very interested in his remarks.
    peace is a state of mind

Thanks
    I would even go so far as to say if we took the entire super fifteen 'Stormers' or alternatively 'Lions' team or a combination of both instead of those 'old crocks' we maybe would not have been eating humble pie on Saturday evening.

'Jap the giant killers' swarmed all over the 'Crock Boks' in every phase of the game and only a few opportunist tries kept the score as close as it was
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast