Hi,

I am designing a new DB to connect a three phase genset to my existing single phase household DB. The genset has the capacity to service all the plug and light circuits. So I will not have an essential circuit section. The two DBs are about 15m apart.

My question is as follows:

Due to the fact that the existing DB is about 22 years old and too small, I will replace this with a new one as well, splitting the high current circuits onto a non-essential circuits DIN rail. The idea is to install a new second DIN rail that will host three groups of plugs and light C/Bs (balanced L1, L2 and L3). The new DB will also feed plugs and lights in my new workshop on (L1 - L3). My idea is to install three single phase E/Ls in the new DB, one for each group of C/B's in the new and old DB's while using the existing EL in the existing DB for the non-essential high current circuits located there. I have installed an automatic 63A cross-over switch (3 pole on the single phase side, mechanical interlock, three pole + auxillary (neutral) on the 3-phase genset side). The cross-over switch is PLC controlled and will engage only when the genset is on operating temperature. In Figures S.2 and S.4 an E/L from the genset is indicated to be located before the change-over switch. My idea is to locate the 4 off E/Ls after the cross-over switch.

I would appreciate feedback on this design. I can provide a drawing if so required.

Thanks