Thread: Export from SA to Swaziland

Thanks

Export from SA to Swaziland

Not strictly tax related, but more of a "can anyone recommend someone who will sort this out" question.
    I've read that Swaziland residents can apply for a rebate if they've been charged SA VAT, or the SA retailer in some instances doesn't have to charge VAT. I've had a particular enquiry to supply products to Swaziland and was wondering if there's maybe a shipping company or similar or a "recommended" way to send products to Swaziland. I'd prefer to charge the VAT and let someone else sort it out. I'd also prefer not to bother with getting an exporter license etc etc. Essentially I would prefer some sort of "broker" to sort it out.

Thanks
    Hi

If it's going to be a regular thing you will need to register as an exporter. If its a once off your road freight forwarder MAY be able to do it for you. It may also be worth checking if your potential customer brings in things from SA as you can then deliver to a warehouse or freight forwarder of his choice in SA. Otherwise, you will need to find a freight forwarder (road freight) that does regular business into Swaziland or costs will be extremely high. Your customer may be able to recommend someone. (I can't) but Google lists quite a few. Good luck!

Thanks
    Thanks. Fortunately customer has agreed that their courier will collect from me. I received a proof of payment but it seems a bit dodgy, html format but the headers do show it was indeed sent through nedbank/nedcor servers. Either way I'll wait for money to clear.