Thread: Zuma and just a bit of politcal rants

Thanks

Zuma and just a bit of politcal rants

Well I am not really a political guy, meaning I hate discussing it as it is simply one complaint after the other, but I just need to vent a bit somewhere...

So Zuma is taking further court action to prevent the state from obtaining documents from the UK. Is it just me or is he busy stalling the legal process out of hope that he will be elected president so all of his "illegal" activities can die a slow death. It is very obvious that the ANC is tangled up in some infighting and that it is divided internally between siding with him or Mbeki.

So the Superintendent at Frey hospital got suspended for talking to the press? What on earth is that all about? They work for us. Any government employee work for us! Who gives the government the right to prevent us from hearing that which is of public interest? Don't the president and ministers realize that they are employees of the public?

So Jackie Selebe never earned the right to be Police Commissioner. Why on earth do the international law enforcement respect him so much? About him we can have a very long discussion but lets just say... It is scary to think he is in charge of so much power.

So Manto is clearly failing in her job but her deputy that seemed to have been the one that really cared and tried to do something was fired by Mbeki for not being a team player! Isn't that like admitting that she didn't want to hide their inability to do their job like the rest of the team? What does that say of Mbeki?

Ok rant hat off!
    Roelof Vermeulen (Entrepreneurship in large organizations)
    Roelof Vermeulen| Rock flaps south africa

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    This one really stood out for me:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chatmaster View Post
    Don't the president and ministers realize that they are employees of the public?
    I really don't think they see it that way. Based on what I'm seeing, in their eyes this is a parent/child relationship at best. And that applies to the ones that are genuinely trying to do some good in this world for people other than themselves.

There seems to be something fundamentally flawed in our "accountability structures" at the moment.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.