Recently I've noticed an uptick in the requests made by larger corporate customers for us to provide them with a bank stamped document to verify bank details. The process goes something like this:

1) They place an order with us or open an account - amount is seldom more than a few thousand Rand, if that.
2) They require us to fill in their supplier application form which is generally basic information on our company and pretty reasonable in my mind.
3) Then we get to the part that requests our bank details for payment. Here there is place for the bank to stamp and verify that the detail we have filled in are correct.

Now this last little bit requires some effort:
1) Write a nice letter on a letterhead, asking for the bank teller to please verify and stamp.
2) Send a driver (or go myself) to bank to stand in queues to get this stamp.
3) I suppose there is a litter service charge from the bank for doing this little task.

This may sound petty, but its starting to become annoying. Compounded by the fact that not everyone that opens an account, necessarily ends up buying in the end.

Has anyone experienced this? Is this just part of doing business and I should just suck up the waste of time and effort and cost that it involves? Is there a way around this without telling the customer to take their possible business elsewhere?