Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Social Media Marketer?

Thanks
    Are you still need that services? If yes we can help you for this.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Does social media marketing work? But I suppose that is a silly question. Maybe I should ask how does one use social media so that it is cost effective?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Maybe the question is - how do I react to social media as a medium for advertising? Do I use social media as a medium when looking for stuff?

I think the answers may be what you are looking for.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Email problem
    Thanks
    The answer to that is yes and no. I see businesses jumping in feet first and fading away very quickly. Not sure how useful it is for "finding" what you are looking for. There are a lot of mistakes to be made.

Thanks
    If you're looking at social media as a search engine as Justloadit mentioned ("Do I use social media as a medium when looking for stuff?"), then the majority of the social media platforms are in its infant stages. If you compare social media to another medium, I would compare it to traditional T.V. It's more of an "entertainment" medium and users don't pay to use it, which means the users are the product, and businesses pay to reach those users via advertisements.

Southcape, you are 100% in saying that most businesses "fade" away on social media, however, the correct answer in definitely, yes. Social media definitely works, it's the businesses that "fade" away and think all they need to do is setup a profile and post 1 or 2 posts, is the ones who think social media is not one of the best advertising platforms.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    If you have a social media profile, you need some one to man the position on a permanent basis.
    As a small business, this is a huge expense.
    Corporates can afford the expense, and get mileage from being there. It is more about brand awareness rather then punting a specific product.
    How many times on a facebook page can you push the same single item to the masses? You will lose customer interest very quickly, you have to be fresh, offer some form of social media service, and keep punting the brand, which should have a basket of products and services.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    If you have a social media profile, you need some one to man the position on a permanent basis.
    As a small business, this is a huge expense.
    Corporates can afford the expense, and get mileage from being there. It is more about brand awareness rather then punting a specific product.
    How many times on a facebook page can you push the same single item to the masses? You will lose customer interest very quickly, you have to be fresh, offer some form of social media service, and keep punting the brand, which should have a basket of products and services.
    Correct, hard selling does not work on social media. Social media should be part of your marketing mix and be used to soft sell products/services through thoughtful, entertaining and educational content.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Social media is just that. Whereas advertisers and their advertising is not. Can these two very diverse interests share a common platform?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by southcape View Post
    Social media is just that. Whereas advertisers and their advertising is not. Can these two very diverse interests share a common platform?
    Oh I think so, however, social media marketing is not just "advertising", it's about providing your audience with valauble content and that should be your first priority and in between all the value that your audience receives, you can easily soft sell products and services. That's the beauty of social media, it's not your common advertising platform, it's a space that allows brands and businesses to build a loyal community of followers and have complete control of what the "vibe" is within that community.

Look at brands like Tasty - https://www.facebook.com/buzzfeedtasty - an aggregation of short clips of recipes. They are doing an awesome job at providing their 33 million followers with valuable content.

I just wish more small businesses in South Africa would realize that we are in the 21st century and people have millions of choices as to what digital content they consume, if you have the mindset of an advertiser from the 1960's and shoving your products/services down peoples throats is your only tactic, you won't get far with social media.

Email problem
    Thanks
    How would you market portable toilets using social media. Some of us will battle to come up with the sizzle that is needed to drive a campaign?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast