Thread: File Sharing Resource for Quickbooks!

Email problem
    Thanks

File Sharing Resource for Quickbooks!

Hello Everyone!

I am new to THE FORUM and I look forward to participating and learning from you all as well as contributing any positive content or feedback that I can. Our company, CoralTreeTech Inc., provides a QuickBooks file sharing resource that allows clients to continue using the desktop version. So, if you are looking for a simpler way to accomplish QuickBooks collaboration without paying the expense of continually working in the cloud, you will want to check out Qbox: https://qbox.coraltreetech.com

Please feel free to contact me if you would like more information about our company

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Welcome to TFSA

An interesting product you have there. Would it be a viable method to run a single QuickBooks company file across multiple branches?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Yes, that is the whole purpose of Qbox. As long as each computer has QuickBooks installed on it, Qbox serves as a great file sharing resource between them. Qbox also has a locking feature that allows only one person at a time to be editing the file so that no conflicting copies arise.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lstegemiller View Post
    Qbox also has a locking feature that allows only one person at a time to be editing the file so that no conflicting copies arise.
    Now that's the bit that I want to clarify some. Just how far removed is this from a normal multi-user environment?

Let's say I have two sites, with 5 users at each site ordinarily operating Enterprise in multi-user mode.
    Currently I have a separate company file at each site, but there are huge benefits if I can get both sites working from the same company file.

If I get the idea, we'd have a master folder at Qbox, with a local folder at each of the sites which would sync with the master folder each time there was a transaction (or pending transaction). Right or wrong?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Keep in mind that Qbox is file sharing/collaboration so to clarify the use case you are describing, you could have users in separate locations sharing an Enterprise, multi user file. However, with Qbox, only one remote user/group can actively be making edits to a file and during that time, the other remote user/group could only open the file in “read only” mode. Essentially, the different locations would “take turns” making edits to the file and when they were done, Qbox would synchronize those updates/changes to the file in the remote location and “release the lock” allowing the other location to lock the file and make edits.

Does that answer your question?

If that process is acceptable and something you are looking for, we would be happy to help you set up your own free trial of Qbox

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Probably not going to work for me then, I guess. I get cranky enough when I can't allocate a payment received because one of the invoices I'm trying to allocate it to is open on someone else's machine, and that's a lock on just one record getting in the way. I suspect having the whole company file locked on a regular basis is going to prove pretty aggravating.

I can see why it's an attractive option for the accountant role you're marketing this to, though.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Bummer maybe you'll come around to Qbox one day haha

Hope you have a great rest of your day Dave!