Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast

Thread: Get Windows 10

Email problem
    Thanks
    I agree with you Chrisjan. I have installed Gwx Control panel a couple of months ago and I got rid of Microsoft's harassment. NO more pop-ups, NO more mention of Windows 10. The link I used http://www.majorgeeks.com/files/deta...rol_panel.html - same program as your link.

Thanks
    Yep, that GWX (and similar) is a definite MUST to prevent MS from installing its malware without you even noticing.

Just in: Microsoft accused of Windows 10 upgrade 'nasty trick'

And then (as usual) the next day: Microsoft U-turn on 'nasty trick' pop-up

We've seen this before haven't we?
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Thanks
    Woman wins $10000 judgment against Microsoft for forced Windows 10 upgrade

And so it begins. Sounds a lot like the Vista fiasco. Wonder when the "free downgrades" are going to roll out.
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz

Thanks
    I am not an IT guy, but from personal experience I would say stay away from it. Had to format and reload everything after W10 installed.

Thanks
    Last week upgraded a friend of a friends exceeding slow and sluggish Windows 7 computer, to Linux openSUSE Leap 42.1 (x86_64) 64-bit.

Able to recover almost all of every document and image for her.

She is very happy, with my friend for asking self to do it, as she feels it now runs at light speed in comparison, able to do everything she previously was doing faster, and the software was all free ;-)

Thanks
    I think a lot more people are going to move to that sort of arrangement. Either Linux (for those on a budget) or Apple.

Again, MS shows just how they can make all their customers very unhappy: http://www.pcworld.com/article/31003...ry-update.html

And the lawsuit floodgates are squeaking open it seems: http://www.neowin.net/news/microsoft...e-upgrade-push

Thanks
    Oh! Blind hell! Just got round to reading this too: http://www.theverge.com/2016/7/27/12...s-10-uwp-steam

So then, for most, the only reason to stay with Windows (i.e. because of gaming being "better" there) is going out the window too. What reason does anyone (at least on average) have left for staying with such an operating system? You can already run most of Steam's games in Linux, and for those which you can't there's always Wine/PlayOnLinux.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Going into 2020 ...looks like i will have 2 laptops no longer supported by windows.

I am still running XP pro on my netbook and now my office laptop has windows 7 which will no longer be supported... come jan 2020 (that just sounds so cool 2020 )

Bought a new laptop for my daughter which has windows 10 ...we chose the one we did because it offered free microsoft free for 1 year... a month later a message pops up ...please not e your session will expire in 24 hours... please pay xyz ... the sad part is the new laptop is slower than my 1986 netbook with windows xp ... maybe i nee dto take it to someone in the know who can make sure it is setup ptoperly.

any suggestions ...for us suckers enjoying windows 7?

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I can only come to the conclusion that MS are a bunch of money grabbers not interested in their customers.
    Having installed Office 365 in January, I was forced to purchase a new subscription on 1st Aug so that I could get access to my files. Now I get a new message that my subscription has expired and my licence is no longer valid. Bunch of wankers!
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Reeding forums and stuff ...seems people are moving over to linux and apple... i have 2 iphones and an ip and very happy with them ...my iphone 5 is still working ...the only reason i had to upgrade to an iphone 5s ...to get ios updates... sounds like MS...money money money ...someone offered me more than i paid for my iphone 5s to buy my iphone 5 in mint condition... maybe it will become a vintage

How bad could it be moving over ?... i read your PC with increase in speed by a huge margin ...you wouldnt even need to install and SSD to improve the speed... which seems to be a must if you go to windows 10 and it clearly states in the upgrade that it is NOT advisable to upgrade an old laptop.

I hear you cant save files etc like you could on windows 7 and before ...so they have you by the balls and some... pay ...pay ... pay.

Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 LastLast