Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Get Windows 10

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by IanF View Post
    Macs have the same problems as PCs when it comes to drivers and programmes. The mac guys have to check if the stuff they use is compatible with the latest OS.

Possibly ........ I have never experienced a hiccup

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I recall doing server system for a company, Installed a mega storage system NAS all the way because realistically as long as it can talk to the LAN you don't worry about to much. Got the mail going and did all the rest. six months I pulled out due to none payment and then got a call about a year later. See the new IT guys didn't do tests they just updated the system. They didn't think about thirds party systems. See online they got the idea that the system was compatible. Reality however is this.

Some systems have what is known as driver boards and thumb-drives that must be plugged in at all times or else the system would just not start up and software is rendered useless. Here is the thing they didn't bother doing a simple clone of the system. Now I manage to restore everything as the server did its job and backed everything up data wise and because I wasn't stupid i had a image file of the original install on one of the NAS drives. Long story short magic happened and the company was up and running again and actually paid me the money owed and so on.

Point is this... How important is your system? Can you afford to lose data? Can you afford to recover? Do you have Recovery plan? If any of answers is No then it is time to think... OK time is money how much will i lose if I go head first and how much will I lose doing a test rig. For a pro data recovery and everything else is easy will take about 30min to a few hours to get everything going. BUT if you are on the clock and have something to lose and no expertise don't risk it... get the test rig going
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Possibly ........ I have never experienced a hiccup
    HR this is even happening with programmes, we use acrobat professional and have add ins there. We didn't opt for the $50 month adobe subscription as the addons lag the new releases and can cause problems in production. So you have to be careful what you upgrade. Mainstream stuff like word etc. should be fine.
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    I have found that win 8 is NOT compatable with all devices, for example some PLC's and vinyl cutters

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Seanmt View Post
    I have found that win 8 is NOT compatable with all devices, for example some PLC's and vinyl cutters
    True some people still use Win-XP for that very reason. If you are lucky sometimes you get a modded driver but most of the time XP is gold
    peace is a state of mind
    Disclaimer: everything written by me can be considered as fictional.

Thanks
    Hi Neville,

I have updated to windows 10 now I cannot open any companies in my pastel xpress 11. Please can you help me.

Thanks in advance

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skirk@mweb.co.za View Post
    Hi Neville,

I have updated to windows 10 now I cannot open any companies in my pastel xpress 11. Please can you help me.

Thanks in advance
    Nope, you need to re-install your old Windows over he new W10. And then re-install all your programs. Probably first copy off all data just to be safe.

I think MS is going to have lots of law suits happening ala Vista style!

BTW. Be careful with W10 ... it does multi GB updates in the background without you even noticing. Not good if your ISP connection is expensive and/or capped. Just look at this ... 1st day of official release and already an update of over 1GB: http://www.winbeta.org/news/day-one-...download-links
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by skirk@mweb.co.za View Post
    Hi Neville,

Thanks in advance
    Try the following:

When you get to the Open...Files window, click on Manage. What do you see in the pane on the left?

If you see a Computer name at the top, and companies listed below, with red crosses over them, then click each one in turn and select Activate Company and browse to the company folder in your Xpress11 folder.

If you see a Computer name at the top, with nothing beneath, confirm that that name corresponds with your actual computer name by clicking on W10 Start...File Explorer and then right-clicking on "This PC" and then selecting Properties. If the name does not correspond, then rename your computer to correspond with the name in the pane.

If you see nothing at all in the pane, click on Locate Server and then browse to C:\Xpress11\Custom and select the Registration folder.
    Neville Bailey - Sage Pastel Accounting Consultant
    www.accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    neville@accountingsoftwaresupport.co.za
    IronTree Online Solutions

"Give every person more in use value than you take from them in cash value."
    WALLACE WATTLES (1860-1911)

Thanks
    Thank you so much Neville. I will give it a try.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Maybe a small word of warning. The Windows 10 upgrade is free on consumer grade versions of Windows 7 and up. When anything in IT/Internet/Software is free to the end user, then the end user is the product. In other words, your data is being mined and sent back to servers at Microsoft. This is why you need a Microsoft account just to log onto your computer.

It says as much in the end user license agreement or privacy agreement. It's also all over the Internet if you Google it.

Link --> https://www.google.co.za/search?q=wi...ows+10+privacy

Page 4 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast