Thread: Legit/Permanent 34 Ton Side Tipper Work Needed!

Email problem
    Thanks

Legit/Permanent 34 Ton Side Tipper Work Needed!

Good Day members,

I am looking for legit work for 34 Ton Side Tipper Links. Preferably 7-14 day payment, including diesel please. In and around Gauteng/ Mpumulanga / North West.
    Please feel free to leave a message, or kindly email me: gwdtransport@mweb.co.za.
    Thank you in advance!

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I was going to move your post to the 34 Ton Side Tippers thread (I might still yet), but I see you had read that thread already and I'm guessing it didn't help.

The request for "legit work" caught my eye - sounded like you might have been burnt. Is there a story there?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Hi Dave,
    Yes burnt badly!!!!! Allot of transport owners will tell you that brokers are killing our business. For example: A is the principal holder of the contract, and he will then ask B,C and D to find trucks, so by the time the work comes through to me, C, D has asked E and F to approach me. thus, the Original price offered to do the work has dropped from four people taking their "cut", then the chances of A not actually knowing about you is very high. The chances of you being paid by either B,C,D or E are also very high. Unfortunately this has happened to us Twice now. all paper work is legit (after homework done) and you work, and when time for payment comes, you cant find B, C, D or E! Then when you complain, A says he didn't even know about B,C,D, or E.......so if you don't know the Principal contract holder personally, or have signed a direct contract with him, you are screwed! Big Transporters in Johannesburg have also had their fingers burnt by sub-contractors...so its a mess all round. I had a look at the post regarding the gent looking for side tippers, and just like you did, my first step is too google your business name, then, if you have supplied registration number, search on cipc. ......and i found nothing on him. So automatically red flags!!!
    Last edited by BernieDew; 22-May-15 at 11:20 AM. Reason: extra

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Best way is to get a deposit, or alternatively, weekly progress payments, reducing the loss considerably. The progress payments is done regularly to help SMEs, which can be used as the carrot to get the work done and paid at the same time.

Happened to a friend of mine many years ago with tarred paving.
    He always got the municipal tenders cos his price and quality was good, then there was the middle man who got the tender at a higher price the following year, contacted the original supplier to do the work at the price he always quoted. Job got done, Municipality paid the middleman, and he disappeared with the loot. My friend was able to hold onto his house, and lost everything else.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za