Thread: Employment

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Diamond Member
    Thanks

Employment

I have reached that point were i have decided that if i dont want to fight with customers for money owing to me, i dont want to fight with the accounting company who have lost all my paperwork, i dont want to fight with labour about wages, etc etc.

Now i need to figue out how much I would be worth to a company as an employee and if in fact if i can even find a job as a 50 year old white male, with 24 years hands on experience in a variety of projects ranging from basic electrical to thermography to power quality analyzing, machine automation, factory builds, shopping centers, movie houses, water purification and effluent plant design and builds, council special light projects, to name few.

My CV will be submitted to various employment agencies from tomorrow and i will be contacting a few people i know in big companies.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Have you looked at retiring early? With your money paying hobbies already in place - combined with living frugally, you wouldn't need to much in your retirement pot. To quote a player in the fast food industry, "I'm loving it!".

Suspended
    Thanks
    Ians - with your experience and still being relatively young at 50 you should be able to find something. Experience at your/our age counts for a lot. You might not find the right job with the salary you are hoping for but I wish you all the luck - keep us updated.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Pap sak...thats the problem....i have shut down all the hobbies...if i can find a good paying job with perks i am gona shut down the electrical business.

I have learnt a lot of lessons in my life and one of them is making stuff then trying to sell is the way to do things...i need to figue out how to sell stuff first then worry about how to make make it.
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    HR...i have one asset that is worth more than any qualification...getting shit down...being able to figue out things on the go...from my experience not many people have that ability...maybe i should put it good use and make this selling happen 😏

I need to want it to make it happen...thats what is missing right now.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Get yourself a professional 3 page CV. Do not do it any longer and this might help to get people attracted to you.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    My wife works in HR so she is handling the CV, cost to company, perks etc etc. she will deal with the agencies. Give me a basic guideline of what to say and not say in an interview. That side of it is covered. It finding a suitable position with the right pay packet