Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No More Keys, Sesame Got You Covered: Unlock Your House Door With Your Smartphone

Thanks

Lightbulb No More Keys, Sesame Got You Covered: Unlock Your House Door With Your Smartphone

The more technology is advancing the lazier we are. Why you might take opening your house door with a key as an easy unstressful process that requires no energy at all, a firm known has Sesame think otherwise and as invent an easier way of accessing our house doors.

All you need to do is buy Sesame smartlock, hammer it to your door which doesn't requires any carpentry knowledge, then use your smartphone to unlock it anytime. No more keys, no more knocking.

The best part of it is, you can even customize Sesame smartlock to auto knock your door in replicate of human hand when you unlock it with your smartphone. While you may go on holiday and you don't want your house to look stranded, you can share your lock code with your friends and they can also enter your house with their smartphone. All access made by your friends you'll be able to monitor from your own end and you can even restrict them from entering your house with just a click.

Sesame smartlock uses military grade encryption, so you should be well assure that nothing can get past your door without your knowing. Very smart and reliable. Throw away your door keys and grab this new technology.

Source: http://www.ccnworldtech.com/2015/02/...our-doors.html

Suspended
    Thanks
    hammer it to your door which doesn't requires any carpentry knowledge,
    So if you just "hammer" it in .... then you can just pry it out ....... with a screwdriver ....

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    and what about the security gate in front of the door? you can't simply hammer into the metal frame, so I still need a key to open the gate
    and when the network is down, you can't get into your house either
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Suspended
    Thanks
    All you need to do is buy Sesame smartlock, hammer it to your door which doesn't requires any carpentry knowledge, then use your smartphone to unlock it anytime. No more keys, no more knocking.

And what about "wiring" it up to an electric lock which you might just not have linked to a transformer which you also might just not have .... ?
    So your statement above is really misleading ....

Thanks
    And the battery backup for loadshedding? Hmmmmm, definitely not aimed at SA market. Could work for hotels, guesthouse etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    So if you just "hammer" it in .... then you can just pry it out ....... with a screwdriver ....
    Lol nah, you misunderstood me. Am just playing with tongue, i don't mean HAMMER you're referring to. If i said "FIXED IT TO YOUR DOOR" it means the same. The point is just fixed/connect it to your door.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    and what about the security gate in front of the door? you can't simply hammer into the metal frame, so I still need a key to open the gate
    and when the network is down, you can't get into your house either
    It is meant for house door not house gate or security gate as some calls it. Sesame smartlock has a built-in battery that keeps on. Connection can be made to your phone for locking and unlocking by either Bluetooth or Wifi connecting. So, no need of any network.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by DanE View Post
    And the battery backup for loadshedding? Hmmmmm, definitely not aimed at SA market. Could work for hotels, guesthouse etc...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Not meant for hotels, guesthouse only, you can use it. It uses battery not electricity, and it connect to your smartphone either by Bluetooth or Wifi. It depends on which you want to buy, Wifi version or Bluetooth version.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by cabsco View Post
    It is meant for house door not house gate or security gate as some calls it. Sesame smartlock has a built-in battery that keeps on. Connection can be made to your phone for locking and unlocking by either Bluetooth or Wifi connecting. So, no need of any network.

So therefore there is a LOT of work to install it to all the different "points" in your house !?

Lol nah, you misunderstood me. Am just playing with tongue, i don't mean HAMMER you're referring to. If i said "FIXED IT TO YOUR DOOR" it means the same. The point is just fixed/connect it to your door.
    Nah I didn't misunderstand you .... You said simply hammer it in ..... That means nails and a hammer.

So this is not really true. You DONT just hammer it in and use your smartphone . You need to wire it to all the points in the house that you would like to control. You need to install at least one electric lock or mag lock for the front door that the unit is being hammered into. You need to install a few transformers with battery backups for the system to work for the different points that you would be connecting the system to etc etc etc. Sounds like an interesting system, but it is not as simple as you make it out to be. The front security gate in front of the hammered in unit would also be a problem, because there is no electric lock that is secure enough to stop anyone for a security gate !

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    So therefore there is a LOT of work to install it to all the different "points" in your house !?

So this is not really true. You DONT just hammer it in and use your smartphone . You need to wire it to all the points in the house that you would like to control. You need to install at least one electric lock or mag lock for the front door that the unit is being hammered into. You need to install a few transformers with battery backups for the system to work for the different points that you would be connecting the system to etc etc etc. Sounds like an interesting system, but it is not as simple as you make it out to be. The front security gate in front of the hammered in unit would also be a problem, because there is no electric lock that is secure enough to stop anyone for a security gate !
    You're making it more advance than what the product is OR maybe you're talking about another product and not this one. Remember its a lock that has a built-in battery that powers it, why transformer?

Take the lock -> fix it to your door as you normally fixed normal lock (will prefer inside so no hand can reach it from outside) -> Enable it -> Install it app to your smartphone (instruction and download link is included in the package) -> Enable Your smartphone Wifi or bluetooth (depend on the version you bought) -> Set-up password -> and you're done. It is as simple as that.

One lock can only work for one door, if you've three entrance to your house then you'll have to buy three and its not meant for house gate, only house door or entrance. It doesn't need all this networking you're talking about because it uses wifi or bluetooth to link up with your phone and that is only necessary when you are about to reach your doorstep as bluetooth transmission can only maintain a range of 30 meters but if you buy the wifi version its range is more than that. The lock can't be hacked because it uses military grade encryption so i don't know what you mean by its not secure enough.

This is not my product but it's one of crowdfunding project that lead last year.
    Last edited by cabsco; 23-Apr-15 at 12:03 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast