Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Degree.. Is unemployed...

Thanks

Question Has Degree.. Is unemployed...

Hi,

I have a BBA: Marketing Management Degree which I obtained from the IMMGSM.
    I worked for 6 months last year doing an internship, but my contacted ended and for the last 5 months I have had no luck finding a job.

My interests are marketing research, marketing strategy and brand strategy.

I am I white male.. I have had no luck or responses from any corporates. I am not having much luck with recruitment agencies..

Can you guys give me some tips on starting a career.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Whatever it is, don't despair. You need that fire inside you to fight,to persevere,to remain focused. When these things are missing it's far more difficult,nearly impossible I continue saying this to my 25 year old son. He has a B.Comm (Economics) degree and has never had employment, nor even an internship.

And he's not even white.

3. Thanks given for this post:

adrianh (23-Apr-15)

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Random Hero View Post
    Hi,

I have a BBA: Marketing Management Degree which I obtained from the IMMGSM.
    I worked for 6 months last year doing an internship, but my contacted ended and for the last 5 months I have had no luck finding a job.

My interests are marketing research, marketing strategy and brand strategy.

I am I white male.. I have had no luck or responses from any corporates. I am not having much luck with recruitment agencies..

My suggestion is get a proper professional CV and send it to every Recruitment agency out there. Tell them the areas you would prefer to work in based on where you live. Tell them what position you are applying for. If they have anything they will contact you. Unfortunately the market is flooded with people who have marketing degrees. We might have something for you depending on your cv. Send me a pm and I will reply back with my e mail address for you to send your cv to.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    People that can sell rarely stay unemployed for very long.

It means starting at the bottom, and having to deal with rejection - but it's one hell of a school of hard knocks that earns respect where it counts if you're made of the right stuff...

6. Thanks given for this post:

pieterp89 (17-Aug-15)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flaker View Post
    Whatever it is, don't despair. You need that fire inside you to fight,to persevere,to remain focused. When these things are missing it's far more difficult,nearly impossible I continue saying this to my 25 year old son. He has a B.Comm (Economics) degree and has never had employment, nor even an internship.

And he's not even white.
    Thank you for the motivating words flacker. I am also 25 this year, born in 1990. what is your sons contingency plan?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    People that can sell rarely stay unemployed for very long.

It means starting at the bottom, and having to deal with rejection - but it's one hell of a school of hard knocks that earns respect where it counts if you're made of the right stuff...
    Hi Dave, I have never sold before. I do not think I have the guts to sell products to people by means of manipulating them to buy stuff they do not need. if there is a need for the product, I think then I might be able to sell.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    I do not think I have the guts to sell products to people by means of manipulating them to buy stuff they do not need.
    But you're prepared to develop and manage marketing campaigns that do just that?
    (Just asking / giving you some food for thought).

Silver Member
    Thanks
    Thank you for the motivating words flacker. I am also 25 this year, born in 1990. what is your sons contingency plan?
    Saw him rush to the Police Station intending to get a police clearance. Needs that to apply to teach English in Korea or China.Thats what i think he now intends to do. But intentions keep changing each week.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    But you're prepared to develop and manage marketing campaigns that do just that?
    (Just asking / giving you some food for thought).
    I thing developing these strategies are a bit different then selling off to someone... at the end of the day, these people make the decision to purchase products. Where as hard selling/direct selling is, I feel intrusive and people just give in after hearing you talk a lot, ending up regretting there purchase.

Suspended
    Thanks
    I thing developing these strategies are a bit different then selling off to someone... at the end of the day, these people make the decision to purchase products. Where as hard selling/direct selling is, I feel intrusive and people just give in after hearing you talk a lot, ending up regretting there purchase.

I dont agree with you at all. Everybody wants/needs to buy things from clothes to cell phones. The person that is going to sell the best way etc and motivate me to buy a product and is good at his job will get the sale. You have just sent me you cv - You really should not be saying this, because we have to give the right cv's to our clients and if you are not really into marketing, which is selling at the end of the day, then you are perhaps in the wrong field. This is perhaps why you are having "no luck" finding a job. Perhaps your feeling / attitude towards marketing/sales etc is showing in interviews or phone calls etc and you are turning potential employers off.

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast