Thread: Accounting software variations

Thanks

Question Accounting software variations

Hi to everybody.
    As I have not found any similar threads about variations of accounting software, I decided to make a new one. So, let it be the first my post on this forum, but not the last

The goal of this topic is comparing of different software, that helps you to run your business. I think, it will be right to start from what I use...

1. Pastel Accounting (link: http://www.pastel.co.za/)
    As I have noticed, it's the most popular software among South-African businessmen.
    But for me, it has some minuses, especially after I has to reinstall the whole OS and then get lot's of errors when try to restart my server (I had my server right on my PC, so after reinstalling OS I had to reinstall all software).
    So, after this crash, I start to thinking, is there other solutions in accounting software?

2. My mentor from Ukraine has recommended me to try this: Rise SA Business Solutions (link: http://risebiz.co.za/Applications/downloads.php)
    The first, that I liked as soon as I saw it - the familiar to me, "1C" interface.
    I am also from Ukraine, and I just think of starting business in Pretoria, so I also need to learn all about available accounting software. I am used to "1C" software, which is the most popular in our country. And for me it causes a much less problems and errors, that "Pastel". So, I even interested, would it be somehow useful to others.

On this time, it's all software I know about. So, it would be pleasant, if somebody write another solutions, that can come in handy.

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Personally I'm a QuickBooks fan, so that would be top of my list.

When it comes to compiling a list SA options, I'd suggest Palladium Accounting is also a solid contender.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Some others to look at are:

Omni accounts, which allows you to start with a few basic features and then grow your package with features that you want or need, as your business grows.
    Smartedge, which gives you an online set of accounts which can be accessed from anywhere with an internet connection.

Thanks
    Hi, I have been using Omni. Somtimes I get stuck. A while back I created a purchase order. when the items arrived I created a supplier invoice. Then later in production it was found some items were wrong and had to be returned to the supplier. So I did a credit note for the full supplier invoice, then reinstated the purchase order and amended it thinking that I could create a new supplier invoice from the amended purchase order. Now I'm stuck, can't do this. Maybe I will have to make a new purchase order the same as the amended one. I'm confused if anyone can guide me please help. Regards. Bryan.

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Sorry, not sure why you can't create a supplier invoice from an outstanding purchase order, unless Omni thinks that the order has been completed. In which case, yes your simplest solution is to generate a new purchase order, or simply go straight to generating the supplier invoice as there may not be a need for the purchase order any longer in this case.