Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FNB EFT to Capitec

Email problem
    Thanks

Unhappy FNB EFT to Capitec

Good day,

Can anybody assist me?

My husband pension fund confirmed they did an EFT on Friday 27 March 2015 before 16:00. But still no payment has been received into his account. Can it really take this long? We have confirmed the payment again.

Thank you

Gold Member
    Thanks
    Normally it doesn't but yes it can take this long. I can't recall the specifics but banks typically say that an EFT can take up to about 3 days. Each bank also appears to have a different cut off time during the day. 16:00 seems very late so Friday wouldn't count as day one. Monday would be day one and now today, Tuesday is only day two. To complicate it further, you will typically only see all of todays transaction when checking tomorrow as many transaction seem to arrive after hours.

The short answer is when you look at your account now, you are seeing mainly transactions from day one (Monday). Up to 2 days still to wait.

When you check on Thursday morning in order to see all transactions up until the end of Wednesday (day 3), and nothing appears, then you can probably start kicking up a fuss.

Why it should sometimes take so long? Absolutely no idea.

Thanks
    I used to bank at FNB and it could take up to 48 hours for my salary to come through from ABSA. I moved to Capitec and now my salary comes through within hours, even if payment was made in the late afternoon. (I get a text from ABSA when payment is made and then another from my bank when the funds are available, and often received the text from Capitec after 6pm.)
    It is my opinion (I have no proof) that FNB keeps money in it's system for as long as possible. Multiply all those extra days by their number of customers and see how much they save on not paying interest on all that money in limbo.

Thanks
    When I transfer from FNB to Capitec it is normally the same day it reflects in Capitec
    Only stress when you can change the outcome!

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    All EFT's done to other banks that took place before 16H00 are queued and done at midnight that evening, when the banking system comes into operation for the new day. The receiving bank then processes the transactions during the course of the following day. Transactions processed after 16H00 hours, get processed next day only.

Saturday is not considered as a valid banking day, so any EFTs done before 16H00 on Friday, will only appear in the receiving account on the Monday. If the EFT was done after 16H00 on a Friday, then only get processed on a Monday, and effectively should appear in the account on the Tuesday. If there is a public holiday on a Monday, then an extra day takes place.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justloadit View Post
    All EFT's done to other banks that took place before 16H00 are queued and done at midnight that evening, when the banking system comes into operation for the new day.
    Is that for payments out of an FNB account, Justloadit?

It certainly isn't the situation when it comes to payments from a Standard Bank account. There the transaction day line is at 19h00 in the evening, and Saturday transactions will reflect on that day.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Fnb to Capitec is same day for me

Thanks
    Same for me, Fnb to Capitec payments nearly always same day.

Silver Member
    Thanks
    I did an ABSA to Capitec transfer the other day - was very surprised that it went through the same day - I figured it was because Capitec piggybacked on ABSA's banking infrastructure. But interesting to hear guys are getting FNB - Capitec on the same day.

Anybody else own their shares? They have done rather well lately

Thanks
    More often than not it takes one day (or less). The date gets backdated so no interest is lost.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.