Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Small Business

Email problem
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Pap_sak View Post
    Personally, after experiencing quite a bit of what you are talking about, my next business will be operated from home with no labour and on a cash basis.
    Internet based, no products, no shipping, minimal overheads, international client base.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    In an ideal country, government would roll out cheap or free and reliable internet with the resources to access it, to all. That's the first thing entrepreneurs need - IMO.
    Warm Regards,
    Gaynor Paynter
    083 442 4689
    www.typewritetranscription.co.za
    We type and write it right.

Email problem
    Thanks
    Couldn't agree more. Give people the tools they need and then watch as they find the solutions to the challenges all by themselves.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by southcape View Post
    Couldn't agree more. Give people the tools they need and then watch as they find the solutions to the challenges all by themselves.
    Life doesn't work that way. If it did then the masses wouldn't destroy technicons, universities, steal electrical cable etc. People are inherently lazy and stupid. No matter what tools you give people, unless they are able to appreciate those tools and learn to use them then you are p1$$ing money away.

Thanks
    Are you not generalising? What about the progress made by mankind in the last five years? The last fifty years? Mostly driven by individuals who have a bee in their bonnet. Just pause long enough, to think about what we could achieve, if all of them started talking to each other.
    Last edited by workshop; 29-Jan-16 at 11:18 AM.

Diamond Member
    Thanks

Small Business

Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post

Which leaves a total to be paid ofR3,024.oo
    at the end of the year which would be
    paid every two months averaging @R504.oo X 6

The cost of my time to do the admin to pay this amount of VAT every two months nearly equals the payment. (assume your income of R20,000.00 divided by 4 weeks, 5 days and 8 hours a day =R125.oo and it takes four hours to assimilate the information, tabulate the figures on a spread sheet, do the calculation, and submit it via eFiling including the EFT payment, so R500.oo for a R504.oo payment)
    To satisfy a proportion of my clients I need to be able to issue VAT invoices so I have to suffer this unnecessary admin to repay this bi-monthly amount, where is the logic?

If I just paid the VAT on the original invoices without worrying about claiming back the input I would lose R4.oo but would save four hours of unnecessary admin which could be better used in other areas, (drinking beer with my mates at the club) there would be a threshold where claiming back input becomes viable so until I reach that figure why should I be burdened by this totally unnecessary and wasteful expense? Just so that I am able to issue a VAT invoice to those clients requiring one.

This calculation does not include income tax after various rebates etc. but that should be a once a year exercise, at this income level I should not have to pay provisional tax.

That pretty much sums up my situation. My yearly accounting documents fit into a file 😳

A book keeper charges me R 800 pm to submit returns and give me a balance sheet at the end of the year. It 2014 it cost me R10 000 in accounting fees. I am now being told that i am gona be charged with fraud by sars because the accountant submitted nil returns in 2014. I have decided to move to another accountant. It seems between gerry baudin selling his company to finance spec, something has gone terribly wrong. Nobody knows what has happened to all my 2014 documents. It has taken them a year and it still not sorted out.

If i was banking with FNB, it would be a simple sms and all my bank statements would be emailed to me, unfortunately because bank with standard bank it is going to cost R14.50 per statement and i have to wait for them to print them before i can go collect.😳
    Comments are based on opinion...not always facts....that's why people use an alias.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by southcape View Post
    Are you not generalizing. What about the universities, technicons, schools, clinics etc. that have been destroyed in recent years.

Thanks
    No. I am talking about individuals. People who make things happen. I am talking about the internet and opening doors to opportunities. You are talking about hot air, politics, mobs, institutions and it would appear you have managed to get yourself bogged down in all negativity that goes with it.

Suspended
    Thanks
    People do make things happen, but it is not just as easy as giving them the tools

Give people the tools they need and then watch as they find the solutions to the challenges all by themselves.
    It really doesn't work this way .......

Thanks
    I can assure you it does. Have you ever taken the time to watch those fishermen on the beach? They return time and again to cast those teeny weeny hooks into a restless sea. And guess what, sometimes they go home with the catch that keeps them going back day after day. The net is no different.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast