Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Free Fax 2 Email solution

Email problem RKS Computer Solutions's Avatar
    Thanks

Thumbs up Free Fax 2 Email solution

Hi Guys,

A shameless plug , I know, but wanted to let you guys know that this is most probably the best way to keep your costs down in a small business startup. Apart from receiving faxes digitally, I reckon I've cracked the code for sending faxes digitally(nothing new about that), but doing so cheaper than having a normal fax machine or pc fax modem and a hellkom line...

Funny enough my solutions is extremely simple, more affordable than the telecoms in SA, and will take you 10 minutes to install... O, and it would work wherever in the world you are, sitting in Cambodia or sipping Bloody Mary's in Tahiti....

Even huge companies use Fax 2 Email systems in order to save time and money. So what is keeping you from saving money? Click on my logo, and follow the link at the top of the page to sign up, and keep checking back here and on the site for more information to come next week in regards to a special offer thats going to be run for those signing up...

Catch you guys later, its 4am, suppose I should get to bed...

Thanks
    I agree with Riaan, the fax-to-email is a definate cost saver and all faxes received could be stored digitally. Our offices use it every day and can surely see the benefit thereof.

Just have an enquiry: With my 086 fax number I currently have, I am barred from receiving international faxes?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Eugene View Post
    Just have an enquiry: With my 086 fax number I currently have, I am barred from receiving international faxes?
    The owner of one such service told me that although this was true initially, the restriction has been lifted many months ago and there is now no reason why you can't get faxes from abroad... unless your fax2mail service blocked it, or unless the overseas sender's exchange disallows it.

The idea persists, however:
    http://www.zulucom.co.za/news/august...newsletter.php
    ...still quoted as truth.

Thanks
    I'm personally quite against 086 fax numbers, and always try to find an alternative to sending faxes to them. Basically it is free for the receiver, and the sender pays a premium rate (around about R2.50 per minute).

Telkom offers a fax-to-email (receiving) service which you pay about R10 per month for, and it also then sends your voice mails to your email — quite nice if you're away from the office. The sender then pays normal national rates for sending faxes to you.

I'm quite sensitive to this, because my wife often receives long faxes, which means quite a high cost to the sender.

Riaan, there is not much info on your website about the service, could you explain how the fax sending service works?
    [SIGPIC]Engineer Simplicity[/SIGPIC]
    Turn ideas into products | The Art of Engineering blog

Thanks
    Thanks for signing up Eugene, remember to sign up the whole company if you need to....

The International ban has indeed been lifted, you can receive faxes to your 086 number by letting your international users fax to +27 86 60.....

Hey Duncan, while it is true that it is expensive to send long faxes to these numbers, I truly believe that it is the best option... If the faxes are really that long and important, should she not be looking at a better solutions... I'm not saying there is anything wrong with it, but fax quality depends on both machines being of decent quality and sending/receiving at it's best...

Example, got a fax from a client yesterday to my 086 nr, a quote that turned into an invoice, problem was this, their fax machine is of such bad quality that I had to phone them in order to find out what their ref number was....

I still believe in emails, my days are packed with trying to move clients onto new technology and bringing them into the digital ages. For faxing though, when a document is of such importance that a signature is needed, and that document needs to be kept, I'd rather have it digital and backed up somewhere safe than lying in a filing cabinet...

Another point I'd like to make is the "on the road" business man... My mobile phone is my connection to the internet, I receive my emails as well as faxes directly to to my Nokia 9500 Communicator. Whether my clients sends me faxes to my 086 nr or to my email, it gets to me in a heartbeat...

In saying that, not everyone has a Communicator for their business, but many people have phones capable of receiving emails... Thus, getting your faxes delivered to your email makes a load of sense.

Take all the above into account, plus the fact that I refuse to use our crappiest company in South Africa, Telkom and it makes for a great way to be running your business. Yup, that's right, I don't even have a helkom point in my house or office, never mind a fax machine...

Thanks
    FREE Fax To Email
    If it’s not RKS it’s not Fax-to-Email!!

RKS Fax to Email is a FREE service that links your fax number and email address together, and if anyone sends a fax to that number you will receive that fax right in your inbox.

Savings

RKS will never charge you for use of your 08660xxxxx number and will be your number for life.Every time you receive a Fax you save R2,50 per page received and you will never have to buy or spend any time buying any, Fax Toner, Fax Paper, Line rentals or any other money involved with a conventional fax.

Security

Rest assured that your Faxes will only ever be read by you. With our 128 Bit encrypted faxes you can send and receive faxes securely and easily from your desktop.

How It Works

Someone send you a Fax to your 08660xxxxx Fax number. RKS takes the fax and sends it straight to your email inbox in either Tiff, PDF or Postscript format.

How to get this Free Service

Click here and you will shortly receive an “invitation” to activate your unique Fax Number. You must accept this invitation to receive your “Welcome Mail” from RKS advising that a New Fax 2 Email number has been activated and linked to your email address.

Why is the service FREE, what is the Catch?

RKS earns revenue through a rebate system from Telkom for calls made to the allocated numbers. This revenue is sufficient for RKS to support this fax reception service at no charge to the end user, yet still delivering a corporate level service.

RKS has changed the way faxes are transmitted through the implementation of an innovative solution which ensures that all faxes sent reach the recipients personal inbox. This solution provides the user with all the benefits of conventional email without losing the advantages of recognized fax services.

Pricing

•Installation is FREE
    •Setup is FREE
    •Monthly costs for using inbound services are ZERO
    •Training is FREE*

Terms and conditions

•Setup and LIVE within seconds
    •No Contract Needed for inbound Fax services

Thanks
    People often take into account when said that you save R2.50 per fax, that that is the cost for the call to the 086 nr.

This is not correct as the total saving of R2.50 is made up of:

Phone line rental
    Fax machine paper
    Fax machine ink

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Here's where I get ticked off.

I get this email:
    Import: Regarding your free 086 fax number SHOWN BELOW - your input is required

According to our information you haven't used your free 0866 fax number in the past 6 months or more.

Should you wish to keep the number you will need to receive a fax shortly.

If not it shall terminate and can be issued to another customer.

ACT NOW to keep your number.

This ONLY applies to the number that follows.
    Fax Number : 086*deleted*
    If you need assistance email keepmynumber@dmnet.co.za or call 0867 555 FAX
    Asking me to continue a service I never asked for?

Here - have some spambots.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I don’t know. When it comes to “important documents” I go with a trustworthy delivery service. Contracts in a digital format are never a good thing I like originals and it keeps me out of trouble.

Asking me to continue a service I never asked for?

Here - have some spambots.
    I love your mind

Suspended
    Thanks
    I need your help. I am going to set up fax service in my office. Can you please help me?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast