I'm embarrassed to ask, but I need advise. I've posted a couple of things about staff issues before.

We bought a running concern about five years ago. Problem is: Most of the staff we got with the company. None have actual contracts and even the newer ones don't, due to mainly operational negligence. I am starting to get that in order, but it's a process. There isn't even a disciplinary code I could find.

Things are completely out of control. Fitters are backchatting and arguing with my salespeople. The salespeople, because they are not aware of any disciplinary code, chirp right back. So I sit with full blown arguing right in front of my customers! Supervisor walks around mumbling about his work and our decisions...Where do I start? Organogram? Disciplinary code? Is there any training I can go on?

I've been a manager for 12 years, but basic disciplinary codes was set, accepted, known and established when I got to those companies....now in my own company, I can't get control!!!

Another question: And this was done at one of the companies I worked for. Cellphones was becoming a major interuption to the productivity of the office, so they started to collect all cellphones at the start of business in the mornings and hand them out in the evenings. Is this legal? I would think so, because this was a multibranched international company with a dedicated, centralised HR department.