Thread: What to do when your Web Developer has not Delivered

Thanks

What to do when your Web Developer has not Delivered

My project started in August 2014.

In June and July, I had spent two months researching and seeking web developers for an ecommerce website, with a great amount of customisation involved.

I went through a shortlist and awarded the project to someone who really proved to be the right and well knowledgeable developer for the project, well so I thought.
    What was quoted by him included all the requirements to date, nothing had changed.

I am at my wits end now after the 3rd deadline has been missed, even with multiple emails from him committing to the deliverables.

Gearing up to the most recent launch, I had sadly built up an amazing customer base and I have been let down by my developer once again, 8 days prior to the launch, he went quiet...

I am asking for any advise you may have on this subject, it has been the most frustrating 5 months and I really don't know which way to turn.

Thank you!

Email problem
    Thanks
    Did you pay him yet? If so what is the amount paid vs total amount? This will give some context to your dilemma.

If you didn't pay him cut your losses. If you did pay him, you could sue him for breach of contract. If you contracted him on a personal basis (not company) then you can sue him in small claims court if the amount you paid him was under R12 000. If more, you need to issue summons in the normal courts. You can do it yourself without a lawyer, if you have time to research the procedures.