Thread: The truth about South Africa

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thanks

The truth about South Africa

I have this idea to start a web site telling the truth about SA.

I am so fedup about with the land issue.
    The reality is that many moons ago there were no black people in the largest area of South Africa, only Khoi.
    So blacks did as little own land in South Africa as white people did.
    They accuse whites of stealing the land from the blacks, but that was only after the blacks stole it from the khoi.

I also read in one of the comments on one of the newspaper web sites once that before we became a British colony it was against the law in the Cape to discriminate against other races.
    I do not have that much knowledge about our history, but if that is true it means that this whole hardship and crap the anc cries about is a lot of bull because then the discrimination and crap were only for about 50 years, not 300 years as they would like people to believe.

Another thing that bothers me is the whole school and education issue. According to them the cruel appartheid government denied blacks education.
    As child I did not know much about appartheid because my parents taught us to treat everybody with respect, even the black people.
    When I started to realise there is problems in SA I think I was about St8 or so. But then I could not understand what the education issue was. In the townships I saw schools the government built for them, in some towns the schools in the townships seemed to be newer and bigger than in town itself. What I did see was that the black people had some problem with the schools and they boycot the schools, stoned the schools and even set it alight.

So it was provided for but they decided not to grab the opportunity. I know there was a problem with farm schools, they were few and far between and farm workers could not send their children to boarding school both for financial reasons and because appartheid would not allow them in a boarding school or white school.

When I studied at the Technicon of Pretoria from 1990 to 1994 there were black people with us. That was in the appartheid era. So if they denied them education, how in the first place did they get matric so they could be allowed in Technikon? When I was first year there was a third year black student as well which means if he passed all his years he must have started studying at the technicon at about 1988, matriculated in 1987 thus started school in 1975, how did he manage to do it but millions of others were "denied" an education?

Also there are so many qualified black engineers and doctor aged between 40 and 50, if they were denied an education, where did they come from?

Who denied them an education, really the government of the time? Or was it their political leaders who decided they must boycot the schools, thus the anc denied black South Africans an education, not the government.

I am too "young" to have experienced what the true appartheid was like. I totally condemn the whole appartheid era and think it was absolutely cruel do treat fellow human beings like that.
    But it also cheezes me off very much that mostly Afrikaners are accused of appartheid and that while appartheid laws were introduced by the British government in the late fifties and the afrikaners inherited it after SA became a republic in 1961. Nobody ever say anything that appartheid was design and implemented by the British Kingdom and now we have to bear the punishment. The biggest mistake the appartheid government made was to not scrap the British appartheid laws, but to keep it and expand it.

But is it only me or is there more people who think that a web site stating well studied history material by knowledgeable people will help to put everything in perspective.

I also find that most young black and coloured people (out of comments by them on newspaper web sites) do not know our country's true history. They know only the selective history they were brain washed with after the anc came into rule. The selective history our children were taught is part of the problem that keeps the pain and hatred alive. When my children were at school my blood boiled each time I read their history books.
    Only Dead Fish go with the Flow
    http://www.4x4direct.co.za/

2. Thank given for this post:

BernieDew (20-May-15), Brett Nortje (21-Feb-15), Butch Hannan (06-May-15)