Quote Originally Posted by SilverNodashi View Post
sadly those inverters were cheaply built (though you paid a lot for it due to 3-5 middle men) and generally don't have a decent charging circuit.
I have to agree with you on this...i have had a lot of problems with these units "frying" the batteries...people are "dumping" them. The little scare we had recently with load shedding has surfaced a lots of these old units, which are now dead.

I plan to strip one and see if i cant salvage parts from them and make a DIY power bank, using lithium batteries and a better charge unit. I do realize it is going to cost a little more however in the long run it might be a way better option. Add in a solar panel and we will be onto something.

I have been following a DIY fella who converts cars into battery powered ones. My son is building and modify old V8's. I am gona chat to him about doing a DIY conversion to an old cheap body. Your computer will share more info than you need, if you ask the right questions. Sometime its shares more than i would like to see