Quote Originally Posted by bergie View Post
thanks andy. i will pm you.
so once you have your solar panels all you will need is the grid tie inverter. i cant see it being long before we can feed back into eskom.
Until Eskom comes up with a feed-in-tariff I won't be exporting power into their grid and I suspect they've got quite a few ducks to get into rows before they can handle full scale importing and exporting from domestic solar PV.

I think it's fair to point out that this kind of system is purely a convenience thing, it's not designed to make money or even save money, in fact there's a considerable capital outlay with zero return for nothing more than reducing the inconvenience caused by the regular load shedding.

There is potential to add solar PV panels to this system but without a feed in tariff being available from government it's a no win sum financially, it would take decades probably to pay back the capital outlay with the energy savings and when you also consider the life expectancy of the batteries and other factors there's a very good chance you'll never make anywhere near break-even.

Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
Andy I need one in Cape Town. Please give me a price installed ?
I've sent you a PM HR.