Hi,

Can someone perhaps shed some light on what is / is not permitted in terms of 12VDC downlighters?

I've got quite a few in my home that is up to code (as far as *I* understand), but also heard horror stories about them where COC's were refused and all the lights had to be rewired to 220VAC downlights... Ideally, I want to install more 12V downlights and eventually replace all my lights with 12V LEDs... But if it's going to mean that I need to rip all of that out the day I sell my house, then it's not going to happen obviously.

My transformers has built in overload and short circuit protection, they are rated at (if I remember correctly) 2A on the secondary side, and I have 6 x 20W lights on each transformer (1.4A)... Wiring done with 1.5m twin & earth

Can I perhaps got a bit off my own topic, and also ask the same question about draw boxes (specifically for lights) in the roof? I currently run panel wire in conduits in my home, and the conduits are all broken and in a complete mess (heaven knows how it got a COC when I bought the property some years ago). I want to replace the conduits and panel wire with standard twin and earth, laying loose in the roof (or maybe in a cable tray or something) and basically get rid of the conduits. There's only two light circuits from the DB to the roof - would two draw boxes be required, or can I put both of them into a single draw box, provided they have separate bus bars for the connections?

thnx.