Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: To be a "Settler" or not

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by JanChris View Post
    I was under the impression that a "forum" is where people with different views chat and comment about whats happening in the country and world. If the topic was raised before, it could be before I joined. Adrian, I do not think it is shit when these comments are made publicly.
    The problem is, which I think Adrian is talking about is the fact that every time you post, you are either griping about not being fairly treated when applying for a job, or that recruitment agencies are doing something wrong, or the government has done something wrong or the fact that you are being victimised !

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    The problem is, which I think Adrian is talking about is the fact that every time you post, you are either griping about not being fairly treated when applying for a job, or that recruitment agencies are doing something wrong, or the government has done something wrong or the fact that you are being victimised !
    Exactly!

Thanks
    Make a bumper sticker

"Je Suis Whitey"
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    You guys are all wrong. I do admit that when I lost my job it was a very unpleasant experience. I am not "griping" about the issues as I create my own destiny and none of you were there to help me. It is just so ironic that most of the comments are about yourselves and only selective comments are made. I appreciate each response that I receive but what I do not appreciate it is when the comments made do NOT address the topic but you would rather attack me. Is it a sign of maturity or is it a sign of weakness? You decide.

Before I forget, You guys have a great day because I am going to have one.

Suspended
    Thanks
    none of you were there to help me
    Uuummm we offered advice ..... you didn't like it and said we were wrong !

In fact ....... here you go again in your last post ...

You guys are all wrong.

Is it a sign of maturity or is it a sign of weakness?
    Im sure its both ...... I'm sure everyone is weak and immature here ........ except of course .... You !

ou guys have a great day because I am going to have one

Aaah thanks ....... good for you starting off the day so positive Its a great step in the right direction.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    Make a bumper sticker

"Je Suis Whitey"
    Very sharp... Noddy badge of the week goes to you!

7. Thanks given for this post:

wynn (30-Jan-15)

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I got into a conversation with an Italian this morning on Facebook. The conversation drifted and eventually got onto the problems the he faces in Italy. His thoughts are really interesting:

(I quote him exactly as he wrote so please don't get caught up in grammar and spelling and nonsensical fluff)

the EU idea isn't to make us all the same: outside europe union people seems to see us more european than what we see us.

Every european country have very deep cultural differences, and we are usually very proud of our specificity and uniqueness, and we try to celebrate our differences.

The main issue in europe isn't social or cultural, the main issue is that the european union is all about finance and the strict rules of the euro as money, and that can work only if all country in europe share also politic, fiscal system and so on.

Sadly this isn't the case, in europe we share the same finance and valute, but we have all different fiscality, different politics, different systems for too many things, and this of course can only make different european govs fight each other to gain advantages over others.

The inequity of this then cause hates, and well, when in europe there is hate, our history should warn us to what can happen... but sadly living here it seems that history is slowing repeating itself.

I think in the long term europe will have a bride future as a federation of states, something like an "united states of europe", but before to come to that we will have to pass inside a very bad time of crisis if not even war, and italy will be probably one of the first country to collapse.

This is one of the reasons why i and my family will move away from italy soon, not for me, i can live relatively well in italy right now, i have all what i need and no big issues, but i'm really scared for my kids and i don't want to leave them grow up here.

Thanks
    HR, I am not going to fall into your negative trap. We have discussed this before and I think that you are reading into my mail incorrectly, but that's up to you. I know what I know and maybe this forum is not the correct place for me to search for a "conversation", where I am not being "attacked".
    It was never my intention to annoy or discriminate anyone but facts are facts and maybe you should take more interest in the media. The quirky sarcastic comments I receive do not phase me one bit. It appears I have a much more mature and stronger personality and a more positive outlook on life than most.

Thanks
    Yeah our situation is not that bad. We actually have a bright future under the ANC and things will just keep on getting better. When our president sings about killing us and announces that SA's problems started when Jan van Riebeeck arrived we must understand that he is not being serious and that such comments would not inspire any bad will against us. Land reforms can't possibly lead to famine. As for electricity, who needs it? BEE and AA is very very good because it makes us more creative and entrepreneurial, so what if it is also destroying our middleclass. People who get tortured and murdered everyday had it coming.

Stop complaining
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast