I have a problem at a property where the customer has replaced all his lamps with LED lamps.

Without going into a long time consuming exercise to test and identify the problem, maybe someone else has experienced this problem and has a solution.

The kitchen light flicks on and off at a set interval..when the light switch is off...if i switch the light switch on the light goes to full brightness and stays on until the switch is switch off.

I tested the voltage live to neutral with the lamp in the fitting...with the light switch off - voltage 16 vac which climbs to 25 volts and flicks on for a short period of time - voltages goes back to 16 vac and climbs again to 25 vac flicks on for a short period.

If i remove just the kitchen lamp and leave all the other lamps installed I measure 54 volts live - neutral with the light switch off.

The bedroom light fitting was also doing the same until 2 lamps where installed into the light fitting, now it doesnt flicker.

The lamps are a mix of 2 watt eurolux and ellies LED standard ES lamps.

Any ideas?

I am thinking that the lamps have a control gear which is charging the system with 54 volts, but as i mentioned i havent got around to removing all the lamps to see if the voltage drops from 54 volts.

The voltage at the DB neutral to earth is 1.2 volts