Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Charlie Hebdo killings in France and "FREE SPEECH"

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by flaker View Post
    Let us learn to respect all religions. Let us be tolerant of all religions and then we would have learnt "what freedom of expression" truly is
    This is a thorny issue as it stands.

Flaker you exactly right, when you state that we should learn to respect all religions.

When it comes to religion, respect for all religions should prevail. I don't agree with the contention, that a newpaper, under the guise of 'freedom of expression,' should insult a particular religion. This is malicious publication. This is not freedom of expression, this is deliberately insulting a large group of people worldwide, which is wrong.
    “Ubuntu is the essence of being humane" Desmond Tutu
    Spelling mistakes and/or typographical errors I found in leading publications.
    Click here
    sabbaticus

2. Thank given for this post:

adrianh (16-Jan-15), flaker (19-Jan-15)

Thanks
    Just A Coincidence - Charlie Hebdo was sold to the Rothschild family in December 2014.

http://12160.info/profiles/blogs/jus...ource=activity
    A “conspiracy theory” no longer means an event explained by a conspiracy. Instead, it now means any explanation, or even a fact, that is out of step with the government’s explanation and that of its media pimps.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Freedom of speech is not just about religion or politics. It is also about culture and familiarity and requires a very good understanding of what may be hurtful to other people.

I may call my friend a dog or tell him that he's a dickhead or whatever. He will know and understand what is said in jest and what is not. However, if I say the same things to a complete stranger, that person may be offended because he would not grasp the joke or satire. It all boils down to respect. I believe that it is in bad taste to make jokes about people with disabilities, yet most comedians do exactly that. The most difficult joke to tell is one with no profanity or disrespect. That is the mark of a true comedian. One should also be respectful of other cultures and religions because your understanding of their religion and customs may be totally wrong and based on bias. (Maybe blonde jokes do not count as most blondes are not blonde?)

While I condemn the terrorist attacks in the strongest way possible, I also agree that Charlie Hebdo was wrong, mainly because they continue to show no respect for anyone. However, that does not give anyone the right to kill them. There are other, legal ways of curbing their vitriol.

Radicals all over the world should be addressed and sorted out by and within their own communities. Criticising Neo-Nazis is not enough. They should be sorted out by the Germans themselves. The KKK can only be addressed by Americans. Genocide in Africa can only be sorted out by African communities. The time has now come for the Islamic societies world wide to start taking action against these "Islamic" radicals who are definitely not Muslims, as Islam is a religion of peace. They are only serving themselves and Satan to achieve their own goals. It is not possible for mere mortals to defend God. God is mighty enough to defend Himself.
    Excellence is not a skill; its an attitude...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234