Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: BANKRUPT EKSDOM

Thanks

BANKRUPT EKSDOM

Some clever person on the radio this morning claims that ESKOM is 21 days away from bankrupcy. I wonder if anyone in the squatter camps are billed? I notice that many of them have lights and DSTV dishes. Just wondering who is really paying for all this. I think I know.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I think that the claim is bullcrap.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    No what they are referring too, is that the government has pledged 2Billion Rand or something of this nature for the supply f Diesel to be used in the diesel turbines to maintain the grid, and that this money at the current rate of consumption would last to about 20odd Of January 2015, till the money ran out. This basically means that by the ned of the month, that the Diesel turbines back up to maintain some sort of back up will have been depleted, and that rolling blaclouts would be the only other way to maintain some sort of energy supply.

State to help Eskom buy diesel

Shedding: Eskom ‘ran out of cash for diesel’
    ‘We have a crisis on our hands’
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    When you screw up, simply blame some one else for your mistake.

The makings of "A Good Story To Tell"

Zuma: Eskom failures the result of apartheid
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    What's next? Blaming apartheid for preventing them from inventing the wheel?
    It is not the strongest of the species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change. – Charles Darwin

Thanks
    Solving the power problem is easy. you have so much energy available, and you need more, yes? this means that you need to observe that energy never dies off, it merely changes forms. does your appliance really use up energy, or, does it merely change the form into output? if we were to connect the appliances directly to the mains, we could circulate the energy from our monitors, for example, back into the grid, if you know what i mean - we could return power from our appliances into the grid. this means not using power, but rather circulating power out to be used, then back in for reuse, yes?
    !! Going to my destruction !!

Thanks
    No way my friend. Try to catch the heat energy from your toaster and feed it back in your grid for starters.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Houses4Rent View Post
    No way my friend. Try to catch the heat energy from your toaster and feed it back in your grid for starters.
    Rather consume the toast, then use the hot air generated from the rotting process in your gut to create hot air, which seems to be more than enough in some of the treads on the forum lately to heat up water to drive a turbine, which in turn generates electricity, and can be fed to the grid and bang we have perpetual motion while I enjoy my food

Thanks
    To solve the problem is as easy as, 1. Soweto owes Eksdom R2.6B in arrear Electricity!!!
    2. You see this Switch put it off!!! No power to Soweto savings $$$$$$$$$$$$$
    Rest of the Country excess of 23%min spare electricity.

Thanks

Rescuing Eskom.

Quote Originally Posted by http://www.fin24.com/Economy/IDC-rules-out-asset-sale-to-rescue-Eskom-20150115
    Johannesburg - The Industrial Development Corporation (IDC) said it would not consider selling its holdings in listed companies in order to take pressure off cash-strapped power utility Eskom, its chief executive told local media.

The government has said it would dispose of "non-strategic" assets to raise much-needed money to help finance the ailing power utility Eskom and help end frequent electricity outages.

Speaking to the Business Day newspaper, Geoffrey Qhena said the complete disposal of IDC stakes, which amount to about R46bn, is "out of the picture" as the company is self-funding and would require the holdings to remain financially independent.

“We’ve got a specific mandate and selling assets would not help us fulfil it,” spokesperson Mandla Mpangase said by phone, confirming Qhena's comments. “We have not been approached by government to sell any assets.”

Selling IDC assets would have “a negative bearing on our funding activities,” Mpangase said. “We have our own initiatives to help Eskom, such as our R1bn investment in building solar power.”

A Barclay's note this week said the sale of the private assets held by the IDC is the fastest and most likely way to provide funds to state-owned Eskom.

South Africa is currently facing its worst power crisis since 2008, as Eskom struggles to keep the lights on due to ageing and poorly maintained power stations.

The utility last Friday implemented rolling blackouts in some parts of the country, the first such power cuts this year, and has warned that more are certain as the company has no funds to purchase fuel for its gas turbine stations.

The government will provide the utility with R20bn through the sale of non-strategic assets, it said in its October 22 mid-term budget.

Finance Minister Nhlanhla Nene said later that month that disposals could include stakes in publicly traded companies, either directly owned by the government or held by the IDC. The development company has holdings in Sasol, the world’s biggest maker of motor fuel from coal, Kumba Iron Ore and papermaker Sappi, among others.

The government is exploring a sale of its R27bn stake in mobile phone company Vodacom, people with knowledge of the matter said last year. The state also owns about 40% of landline phone monopoly Telkom.

Even with a R20bn cash injection from the government and permission to raise electricity tariffs, Eskom has said it needs more funds to ensure liquidity.

IDC has stakes in companies such as Kumba Iron Ore, Sasol, BHP Billiton, Hulamin and Sappi.
    The best thing to do to rescue Eskom is to first observe the problems; there is little money, there is little energy.

Now, to generate more money for Eskom, the power utility needs to close it's business and liquidate to be bought back by another company started by Eskom. this will be getting rid of the debt.

Then, they need to get the most out of the nuclear power they have. this can be done by simply putting more layers of panels around the star in the reactor to generate more power, or, if they are afraid of opening it up, they can place solar panels or whatever they call them on the outside of the generator to make more power from the radiation that goes right through the metals and stuff for the reactor.
    !! Going to my destruction !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.

Did you like this article? Share it with your favourite social network.