Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Food for all!

Thanks

Food for all!

This is harder to organize than other things. this is not money so we need to actually generate it. if we were to observe the homelands, we will find that everyone here has food except for those without land. the cheapest but slowest solution to this is to take the rubbish from the food stuffs of those with land and give it to the people that have no food as compost or whatever you call it.

Or, we could take the excess from the established commercial farms and give to them before it spoils. this will take very little effort. we could make this more formal with paperwork or something, like an election where the people get their thumbs inked? the state could buy a lot of food with a inkling of the revenue.
    !! Going to my destruction !!

Thanks
    The reality is that in the homelands most people don't grow very much, they wait for the grants to come in every month.
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Which creates it own problem. Why should I work, if I can get a state grant.

Up north, most people become entrepreneurial or they die, as no one really cares. It is not a good thing, but that is nature.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Thanks
    How about the shops all gather together, in the name of charity, and buy in super bulk, allowing them to spread the produce around without adding to their costs? this would work if the owners were not so greedy - we need them to be charitable, without loss to themselves, instead of being scrooges.

Suspended
    Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Nortje View Post
    How about the shops all gather together, in the name of charity, and buy in super bulk, allowing them to spread the produce around without adding to their costs? this would work if the owners were not so greedy - we need them to be charitable, without loss to themselves, instead of being scrooges.
    Why don't YOU start up a business and YOU do it ?????

6. Thanks given for this post:

roryf (05-Feb-15)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    Why don't YOU start up a business and YOU do it ?????
    Wonder ek ook mos....

BOVER Technologies
    - computer sales and TeamViewer support
    Elmine Botha Freelance Photographer - Photographer/ Videographer

Thanks
    Thanked 2,676 Times in 2,257 Posts
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Nortje View Post
    this would work if the owners were not so greedy
    Could you please define a reasonable amount of greed - knowing what the reasonable limit is would be really helpful.

Thanks
    Interesting article in today's 'Daily Maverick' on the predictions of Bill and Melinda Gates
    http://www.dailymaverick.co.za/opini.../#.VMC1l46iRj4

The most interesting is in the comments section by johnbpatson. which echo's my earlier comment better than I could put it.

"It is hard to be critical of people who have spent so much of their own money on disease research, especially malaria, and charitable work. Thank you above all, for setting an example.
    But, in order for objective one to be reached in Africa, the work will have to be done by NGOs like some of those you run and others you sponsor because governments will not do it. Does this matter? I am afraid it does, because even the Gates's billions are not limitless, and without government involvement the work will not be sustained.
    The same argument holds for objective two -- certainly most of Africa can feed its-self, especially if modern farming methods and techniques are used, but it will not do so till governments make doing so a priority. At the moment, I am afraid to say, the World Food Programme, Ofxam, and others mean food self-sufficency is not an African government priority -- hardly anyone starves in Africa anymore thanks to the rest of the world.
    I hope you are right about objectives three and four. One bit you did not mention is that as more people have reliable bank accounts, they enter the tax registers, often for the first time ever. Which is a good thing if they have good governments.
    So I hope the brains which managed to design the operating system running most computers in the world, applies them selves to the relatively simple task of good governance. Here is counting on you two!
    PS after you have done that possibly working with the Pope on population control would be a good thing..."
    "Nobody who has succeeded has not failed along the way"
    Arianna Huffington

Read the first 10% of my books "Didymus" and "The BEAST of BIKO BRIDGE" for free
    You can also read and download 100% free my short stories "A Real Surprise" and "Pieces of Eight" at
    http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/332256

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by wynn View Post
    PS after you have done that possibly working with the Pope on population control would be a good thing..."
    I think the pope has already said something about this

Pope Francis told reporters that Catholics don't have to be 'like rabbits'
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

11. Thanks given for this post:

wynn (23-Jan-15)

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave A View Post
    Could you please define a reasonable amount of greed - knowing what the reasonable limit is would be really helpful.
    The state could decide.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast