Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Engineering 'one oh one.'

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by Brett Nortje View Post
    Simply, you assign any value for [x] that you feel comfortable with, then you get the 'ratio,' then you adjust the point.
    Exactly!

You could also see it as you provide a value for x, then run it through the innermost function (the last one in the string of combinators) to get a new value to pass to the next function in line (the previous function in the string of combinators) as its "x". This continues until you've reached the outer function (the first in the string of combinators) - which then gives the final result.

So you could have something like this:
    Formula
    X-Value
    Result
    5.5 5
    5 0.024
    0.024 6.121728
    5.5 6.121728
    Gold is the money of kings; silver is the money of gentlemen; barter is the money of peasants; but debt is the money of slaves. - Norm Franz
    And central banks are the slave clearing houses

2. Thanks given for this post:

Brett Nortje (08-Jan-15)

Thanks
    I have been busy with this sort of thing for a while now, and, think there might be an easier way to introduce kids to it at primary school level. that of course would mean that they would have to learn algebra at like the fifth and sixth grade levels, but, i believe that is now possible thanks to my discoveries in mathematics.

So, all we got to do is explain to them what the maths does. if we were to explain that machines work with parts, and parts have angles that need to be worked out, i am sure they would understand. an explanation could be that 'it is like lego,' yes? maybe a technique model from germany for each class could be organized so they can see that sometimes all things do not fit, and, then they could find ways to overcome this problem.

Sometimes there are parts that fit together that make it harder for other parts to fit together, by getting in the way or making some parts too narrow for the others to fit into naturally. it could be explained to the kids that you may adjust parts to make them work better, or, you could redesign the machine.

I have always thought that mechanics is about mechanisms. mechanisms come in all shapes and sizes, and, then they do things when other things do things. if they were to liken this to a computer code, it would be, when 'this' do 'that.' seeing as how it is us that activate the machine or mechanism, then we will see that we are the ones doing 'this,' and the machine is the thing doing 'that.'

So, if some kids understand code, they could understand engineering better, yes? of course, if we were to want them to get a firm hold of engineering, we could explain that it is all 'slaves' that 'work' for us. all the little parts are slaves, and when we make them do something they will do that thing.

Some parts have multiple functions though, or, lots of stuff they can do. for now, let's look at how a light works? the light is powered by electricity, and, the switch closes the circuit [or bridge] to allow the little electricity people to go to work, to put the light on. it stays on because the circuit stays closed, like a bridge staying down for the little slaves to stay connected - imagine a telephone that gets answered - you can talk as long as both places are connected or closed on each other. think of a circuit as if it were a 'regulator,' not letting the 'mechanism' work until the circuit is closed, so you could say that the dorr is reversed - you can only go through the door when it is closed, okay?

Okay, that might confuse some kids. if they were to think of a blender, you can only use it when there is food inside, or electricity inside, and then the lid must be on so the electricity does not fly all over the place.

Do you think kids will understand this fundamental of engineering?
    !! Going to my destruction !!

Suspended
    Thanks
    I have just come from my sons graduation as a civil engineer - he studied at Wits tho, not wikepedia ....

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by HR Solutions View Post
    I have just come from my sons graduation as a civil engineer - he studied at Wits tho, not wikepedia ....
    Are you saying that kids will not understand the fundamentals of engineering, or, are you saying that this doesn't cover half of it? what did you expect?

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Brett, how many kids do you have?
    How old are they?
    How are they doing at school?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    Brett, how many kids do you have?
    How old are they?
    How are they doing at school?
    My kids are too young to go to creche so far.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    I'm a bit lost, what is it exactly that you are trying to say about maths and engineering?

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by adrianh View Post
    I'm a bit lost, what is it exactly that you are trying to say about maths and engineering?
    I am trying to educate kids in schools. i hear from teachers on the net that they learn this stuff very quickly, and, they get it right.

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Just explain to me in simple words how you plan to educate them?

Thanks

How to measure any angle.

In engineering maths, there are different types of angles. of course, if we were to observe that they all have a length and height and breadth, expressed or shown on the 'grid,' we could say they are two dimensional, as lines tend to be two dimensional.

If we were to observe that they will always be from a point to a point, we know none of them, well, in this sort of environment, will ever be, in the real world, infinite, as even a machine stops eventually as it is replaced, but that is besides the point.

The angles will always equal 'length' to 'height' at a ratio of away from ninety at certain 'distances.' this is obvious, and, cuts the formulas into little bits.

I am not sure about the specifics, but, this is a 'new law,' says me!

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast