Thread: How to advertise your transport service?

Thanks

How to advertise your transport service?

Hi,

I'm in the process of printing an ad on flyers and handing them out, I know it's old school but I think it's still effective. I would like your opinion on that.

I have been considering the fact that we are moving away from putting ads in the local paper and rather using gumtree, olx etc. but I have not found them to be that effective for me so far, for a reason that I think might be true - the people whom make contact with you after seeing your ad on gumtree or olx is in most cases your "competition" so to speak - someone who also uploaded a ad and is looking to find out what services you offer and maybe even using it for his own ad or business.

So having said that, any ideas to help me navigate through this?

What other sites are out there that actually works?

Sent from my iPad

Email problem
    Thanks
    How about having a website and targeting your local audience via google search? There is some kind of investment involved but it can be worth it depending on competition, how much the return could be, etc. Otherwise, I actually thought those online ad boards could be useful and that they should return customers - interesting to learn there's only the competition doing research on your business. Do they pretend to be customers? How are you sure they aren't real customers who get turned off by your prices, or anything else?

Email problem
    Thanks
    Google marketing without a doubt. Both paid and organic.

Quote Originally Posted by Cairncross.Transport View Post
    Hi,

I'm in the process of printing an ad on flyers and handing them out, I know it's old school but I think it's still effective. I would like your opinion on that.

I have been considering the fact that we are moving away from putting ads in the local paper and rather using gumtree, olx etc. but I have not found them to be that effective for me so far, for a reason that I think might be true - the people whom make contact with you after seeing your ad on gumtree or olx is in most cases your "competition" so to speak - someone who also uploaded a ad and is looking to find out what services you offer and maybe even using it for his own ad or business.

So having said that, any ideas to help me navigate through this?

What other sites are out there that actually works?

Sent from my iPad