I am working at a small company as the bookkeeper at the moment and after only here for 8 weeks I received a much better offer. I have last week put in my resignation giving my 7 days notice period as per the Companies act because no notice period is stipulated in my contract.

Now yesterday I got called in by the 2 owners and HR and apparently some of the work I have done is now not according to their liking. Basically the owner wants me to pay for the time it will take the other owner (which fills the role as financial manager) to rectify these so called errors. Can they do that?

i have also now yesterday done a whole recon of everything and apart of 5 human errors everything is fine.
Also the financial manager complains now that I have not entered the petty cash into pastel the way she wants it. I captured each slip and she only wanted totals.

So my question is, can they claim any money from me? Personally I feel this is sour grapes because I'm leaving the company on such short notice (but still in my rights)
I have not signed any documents and will not sign such a document to authorize them to take any money from my salary which they still needs to pay.