Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Inspection report

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    I purchased this one recently from Radiant which includes a fan
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Diamond Member
    Thanks
    Sorry i should have specified, wall mounted unit.

Thanks
    Blog Entries
    Best is to talk to a Radiant or a Eurolux distributor.
    Victor - Knowledge is a blessing or a curse, your current circumstances make you decide!
    Solar pumping, Solar Geyser & Solar Security lighting solutions - www.microsolve.co.za

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Can't believe I missed this topic.

Lots of interesting point of views and also interesting point Dave brings up.
    From my point of view, the regs needs to be taken as a hole and not just one section and on the CoC at Section 4.13(b) it says i.e. section 5 of SANS 10142-1 thus saying to me that the rest of the regs needs also to comply.
    Separate to that point which I will try and get an answer from the AIA, back to the question about the inspection report.

When a client contacts me in regards to a CoC I tell them that I first do an inspection based on issuing a CoC. Should everything comply I issue a CoC.
    Should some small things be found it is communicated with the client and repaired on site (if not to large of an expense)
    CoC is only issued once monies are paid in full (yes I do know you are not allowed to retain the CoC if no monies paid, but hey one have to have some form of bartering thus if client does not want to pay I was never there and he has to go through the same process with the next guy)

Ok so say lots of problems found I then invoice for the inspection and when monies paid in full I send the client a detailed quotation where I also clearly stipulate that should another contractor preform repairs a detailed inspection will have to be done again and the contractor needs to issue a CoC for any changes he has made.
    So my workers preform the repairs once the quotation is excepted and deposit paid with my general control and I also then do the final visual inspection on their repairs and the necessary test (which probably would change with major repairs)

FYI, one cannot do the inspection give a report have another contractor come and do the work, come back and give a CoC. This defies the requirements of general control from the registered person. On the other hand, the contractor who implements to repairs needs to be properly registered in order to do electrical installation work as defined in the EIR so then why would this person not issue the CoC.
    To strange...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345