Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: need contractor in Cape Town

Thanks
    Yeah, houses around here aren't what you'd call cheap but if you've got a mil deposit and you qualify for another mil or so asa bond then you're in with a good shout.

Quote Originally Posted by Houses4Rent View Post
    .......I am pretty feed up now and need a new start. Is there anybody out there ideally in the Southern Suburbs of Cape Town who takes pride in their work and can run a proper electrical contractor business incl admin and organization?
    What type of electrical work is it? I'm guessing it's minor residential repairs. What volume of work do you have? Are you looking for someone on a contract or SLA or is it just occasional callouts?

Thanks
    I am looking for occasional call outs if and when required. Blown sockets, geyser elements/thermostats, DB problems, blown circuit breakers etc.
    Houses4Rent
    "We treat your investment as we treat our own"
    marc@houses4rent.co.za www.houses4rent.co.za
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    Any opportunity to move to the Cape is a good one. Wish I could just pack up my business and my usual clients and move there. Goodluck finding someone reliable. There are only a handfull and when you find them, take care of them as the electrical industry does not...

"I used to have a lot of anger issues, now I just have a passion for justice"

Thanks
    Looks like your electrical industry has the same reputation/bad service level as my estate agents industry.... and many other industries.
    Houses4Rent
    083-3115551
    Global Residential Property Investor / Specialized Letting Agent & Property Manager

Bronze Member
    Thanks
    That is unfortunetly what happens when an industry is left unregulated and unpoliced.

"I used to have a lot of anger issues, now I just have a passion for justice"

Thanks
    Well, our industry is supposed to be regulated and policed by the EAAB. They are in a mess on a permanent basis. It was so bad in 2012 that themselves were placed under administration for 6m...

Anyway, this forum seems to have quite a strong electrical bias. Is really nobody here who runs an electrical business in Cape Town?
    Houses4Rent
    083-3115551

Thanks
    I do run an electrical business but it's not a good fit for the kind of work you have I'm afraid. I was hoping to see one or two other guys either last week or ths week who may be interested in which case I'll get them to cantact you through your website and mention that I suggested thay did. The problem is that all the good guys I know of are already turning work away plus most of them don't do domestic work unless it something out of the ordinary.

Thanks
    Thanks Andy. As usual the good ones are not looking for work, because work comes to them. Only the bad ones need to market themselves....
    Houses4Rent
    083-3115551

Thanks
    I'd certanly agree to a point but I think many domestic sparkies, even good ones, would need a robust marketing plan because the return business roll over isn't there to the same degree as commercial and industrial and the project sizes or remedial work calls are much smaller and faster. How many properties are you looking for your sparky to service? Would you be contracting an electrician on a service level agreement or is the work too sporadic or infrequent to warrent this? If you're not looking to disclose info on the general forum you can send me a PM if you like.

Thanks
    Currently we manage 120 properties, growing steadily. As I said already I am looking for occasional call outs if and when required. Blown sockets, geyser elements/thermostats, DB problems, blown circuit breakers, some pre-paid meter installations etc.
    If so many sparkies do industrial/commercial who is doing all the domestic work I wonder?
    Houses4Rent
    083-3115551

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast