Quote Originally Posted by FRENCHIE View Post
Hi guys.
I would like to add to all the frustration of the discussions to the state of our country is going through with the COC's.
The company which I have been employed for the +- 25 years, we have once again come across a COC frustration, we are in the process of trying to get in on a big up market housing project, besides bending over backwards trying to impress by sorting out any little issues they have on site, the developer / building contractor just lately ask us to do a compliance for a factory complex he wants to sell.
So we emmdiatly send the guys out and do an investigation / report,.
We find the following.
1, Lots of issues in the factories.
2. One of the factories has no earth.
3, The supplies for factories are all coming directly from the Eskom kiosk connected to the meter, 25mm & 16mm cables protected by 160amp Eskom C/B.
So we carefully VERY carefully do a quote and sent of to this gentleman.
Friday morning my Boss receives a What's app message which he shared with me, (I quote) how disappointed he is how can we quote him 52K to do the repairs he doesn't want a new installation, he has had a quote for 15K and the electrician will do it for 5K if he pays CASH.
Guys when I got Friday night I said to my wife, it can't go on like this anymore, telling her how it was the old days where the Council & Eskom inspectors would throw the book at you for any minor infringements WHAT THE F$#@$^&K is happening to our industry.

GUYS SORRY FOR THE YOUNGER GENERATION I HAVE DECIDED THAT NOW AT 67 YEARS I WILL BE HANGING MY TESTERS AND RETIRING IN TWO YEARS.
Slowly slowly the world will back to candles and paraffin.

ALL THE BEST GUYS.

FRENCHIE
Most of the earth wires are being stolen ... I can see new regulations coming soon ... where the customer (poor suckers) will be left with the responsibilty once again ... this time to provide adequate earthing arrangements ... like earth spikes and mats.